2018 - 5th Annual Golf to Conquer Cancer Info Deck V091517
OVER $4.7 MILLION DOLLARS RAISED SINCE 2014
BENEFITING ONE OF THE TOP 5 CANCER RESEARCH CENTRES IN THE WORLD
5TH ANNUAL GOLF TO CONQUER CANCER TOURNAMENT
MONDAY, JUNE 11TH, 2018
PRESENTED BY HARRY ROSEN INC.
2. “As a company with more than 60 years of providing quality
men’s fashion and personal service to distinguished men of all
ages across Canada, we are pleased to return as the
presenting sponsor of Golf to Conquer Cancer for a fifth year in
Current statistics suggest that cancer will affect nearly 50% of
Canadians. As a family-run business with many long-service
employees, long-time vendors and generations of customers, it
is our responsibility to raise awareness and important
fundraising dollars to help conquer cancer in our lifetime.
Thank you for joining me and my colleagues as we enjoy the
great game of golf in support of one of the top 5 cancer
research centres in the world.”
GOLF TO CONQUER CANCER VISION STATEMENT
• To further grow and enhance Canada’s top grossing single day golf fundraiser for Cancer Research as the
most prestigious golf fundraising brand.
• A proven strategic event property that appeals to corporate Canada, successful entrepreneurs and high
net worth individuals who share in our vision to conquer cancer in our lifetime.
• To play a leading role in and to fund the revolution that is occurring in cancer care: Personalized Cancer
• Delivering value to all participants, partners and sponsors while raising significant new revenue in support
of one of the Top 5 Cancer Research Centres in the World.
A MESSAGE FROM LARRY ROSEN,
CHAIRMAN & CEO OF HARRY ROSEN INC.
Help Conquer Cancer in Our Lifetime
5. • Hosted at Coppinwood and Granite Golf Club in Uxbridge, Ontario
• The most successful single day golf fundraiser supporting cancer research in Canada
• 2014 over $800,000.00 raised. 2015 over $1.3 Million Dollars raised. By 2017 over $4.7
Million Dollars has been raised.
• Launched the successful Game Changers Auction in 2017.
Funds raised through Golf to Conquer Cancer have been used to support:
• Research: 58% of funds allocated to purchase cutting edge research equipment and support cancer
research activities, including clinical trials and in support of the immune therapy program.
• Clinical Enhancements: 32% of funds allocated to support the expansion of the Cancer Clinical
Research Unit including joint research programs with Alberta Cancer, BC Cancer, and the JGH in
• 10% to support other priority needs.
Some specific examples funds from events like G2CC are put to work:
• In February 2014, cancer researchers led by Dr. John Dick at Princess Margaret Cancer Centre,
discover pre-leukemic stem cell at root of acute myeloid leukemia (Aml), relapse
• It was discovered in January 2014, radiation before surgery more than doubles survival rates in
mesothelioma patients at The Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
• In January 2014, first clinical trial in Canada of Adoptive T-cell Therapy (Immunotherapy involves
stimulating the patient’s own immune system to attack the malignant tumor cells).
The Impact of Your Participation - Highlights
6. Tournament Features & Benefits
WHO PLAYS IN GOLF TO CONQUER CANCER
Made to Measure Suit
Custom Shirt Fitting –
Hole In One Contest
PGA of Ontario Foursome
High Value Silent & Live Auction:
Fashion, Trips, Experiences & More!
Sampling / TastingOn-Course Gifting
Special Guest Golfers
8. Event Details
2699 York Durham Line,
ON. L4A 7X4
2324 Concession 4,
ON. L0C 1A0
9:00-11:00am Registration, Breakfast, Driving Range, Putting Green &
Practice Holes Open
Official Welcome – Nick Taylor & Larry Rosen
JUNE 11th 2018
PLEASE NOTE: TOURNAMENT PLAY IS FOUR PLAYER SCRAMBLE FORMAT STANDARD GOLF ATTIRE AND DRESS CODE IS REQUIRED FOR ALL GUESTS
2018 Event Program
Tournament Play – Shotgun Start11:00am–12:00pm
Tournament Play – On Course Food Stations11:00 am-5:00pm
Networking Reception, Silent & Live Auction,
Guest Speaker, & Trophy Presentation
5:30pm – 7:30pm
9. Nick Taylor, Chief Golf Officer
W: 416-946-4406 C: 416-400-1510
Follow us on Social Media
G2CC – For More Info Please Contact
Christy Manos, Tournament Coordinator
W: 416-946-6503 C: 647-402-1992