LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
Remind us that
we should live
Still Life Drawing~ Composition
Touches 3-4 edges of the page.
Objects are overlapping, where
Drawing has an off center area of
The negative space is activated. (ex:
line for back of table)
of the drawing on a page.
Practice developing the composition
Where are we going…1 will be a contour line drawing, 1 will be a colorful abstracted drawing
Final Drawing #1- Contour Line
What to look for?
◦ Interesting composition to you
◦ Touches 3-4 edges of the page.
◦ Objects are overlapping, where
◦ Drawing has an off center area of
◦ The negative space is activated. (ex:
line for back of table)
Return to the SAME Still Life
◦ Observe and complete the drawing
carefully in pencil.
◦ Consider the quality and weight of your
lines for interest.
◦ Go over the lines with black pen or
◦ ERASE all the pencil away. Leave no
stray marks or hairy lines.
1963- still living
Born in Brazil
◦ Grew up wanting to excel.
◦ Taught himself to make art.
◦ Drawing the things or objects he saw
◦ Worked on scraps of newspaper or
cardboard because he had nothing
He did very well in school, when he finished high
school he studied to become a lawyer.
But his love of art was still in his heart and he decided to
continue with his art.
1983- Britto moves to Paris, studies
Matisse and Picasso
Late 80’s- Moved to the US, Miami
◦ Kept working and showing his art,
◦ In the U.S Pop Art was the style most
artists were working in.
◦ Britto combined his style with Pop Art.
◦ He was chosen to be an artist for
Absolut with Keith Haring,Andy Warhol,
and other artists who were also famous.
◦ The larger audience threw Britto into
the art world.
◦ He went on to have his work shown on
other products too.
What is Britto’s work about?
“Art is too important not to share”
Makes art to spread happiness and joy
Works for multiple charities around the
He believes that the role of an artist is to
act as an agent of positive change. Britto is
committed to developing and supporting
the powerful role art plays in world issues.
Stylization helps create Variety
Color Schemes help create Unity
◦ Unity- the feeling that all parts of the design work together.
◦ Harmony- the combination of colors being similar will help create unity. The
combination of patterns and shapes being dissimilar creates variety.
◦ Dominance- choosing a major color unifies the entire piece.
Choose 1 Main Color
Triad- Red, Yellow, Blue
Monochromatic- Values of red
Analogous- Red, Red-orange, Orange
Complements- Red, Green
You must use all of the color
*Yes you can repeat
*Be sure the final work will have
a dominant color
Craftsmanship- Quality work
Patterns- Simple and Complex Color Schemes