Se ha denunciado esta presentación.
Utilizamos tu perfil de LinkedIn y tus datos de actividad para personalizar los anuncios y mostrarte publicidad más relevante. Puedes cambiar tus preferencias de publicidad en cualquier momento.

When a Frustrated Marketer Met a Conversion Analyst

250 visualizaciones

Publicado el

What does a conversion analyst/optimizer actually do? This presentation shows you why if you don't have someone focusing on conversion you're leaving a lot of money on the table with your business.

Publicado en: Marketing
  • Sé el primero en comentar

  • Sé el primero en recomendar esto

When a Frustrated Marketer Met a Conversion Analyst

  1. 1. FRUSTRATED MARKETER When a M E T A C O N V E R S I O N A N A L Y S T
  2. 2. MIKE DIRECTOR OF MARKETING THE STORE'S TRAFFIC HAS BEEN INCREASING WITH HIS MULTI-CHANNEL INBOUND MARKETING EFFORTS is the for a fashion eCommerce store
  3. 3. BUT Conversions are low, especially on mobile. ALSO He doesn't know which sources bring in the highest Life Time Value customers
  4. 4. CONVERSION ANALYST I H A V E A T R I E D A N D T R U E P R O C E S S F O R C O N V E R T I N G V I S I T O R S I N T O H I G H L I F E T I M E V A L U E C U S T O M E R S THAT' S WHEN HE HIRED A
  5. 5. STEP 1: GET RID OF OPINIONS. ALL OF THEM. STEP 2: GET SMARTER WITH BEHAVIORAL ANALYSIS If you're just looking at standard google analytics reports it's time to get help. You have to go beyond pageviews, bounce rates, and even conversion rates to segmented valuable behavior. Only 3% of your visitors convert. Don't ignore the other 97%! They're more valuable than you think. Most surveys are useless. They're vanity stats showing what happened and not what to do about it. Don't make your customers think hard with ambiguous questions like "What changes would you make to our site?" There are questions that are easy to answer but provide loads of actionable insight. If you're a low traffic site you have to test more drastic changes to detect a significant lift. If you're stopping your A/B tests when they reach significance you're doing it wrong. Know beforehand what representative sample size you need. Or else the results are just random. STEP 3: GET INSIDE YOUR CUSTOMER' S HEAD BY ASKING BETTER QUESTIONS STEP 4: GET BETTER RESULTS BY RUNNING BETTER TESTS Yes, even yours. The most experienced marketer in the world has no idea what your specific audience needs. The only way to know is to watch them and talk to them.
  6. 6. BEHAVIOR ANALYSIS: WE FOUND PATTERNS THAT CORRELATED WITH HIGHER LIFE TIME VALUE Customers with higher value came from more expensive search ads but had higher net profits. There were certain products that were favorites of these customers but were not prominent in the site's visual hierarchy. They were anxious about shipping timing and return policies. They were unsure the clothes would fit them and wanted better sizing charts. The images were too small; they wanted to see more details of the products. We got a 354% return on ad spend. We saw a 28% conversion lift with customers acquired through paid search. ASKING CUSTOMERS: WE FOUND SEVERAL ISSUES WITH THE SITE AFTER TALKING TO CUSTOMERS GETTING RESULTS: WE RE- ALLOCATED AD SPEND AND TESTED THE DESIGN CHANGES SOLVING MIKE' S FRUSTRATIONS
  7. 7. Get results. Get a conversion analyst. PETER JAMES Mountain View Conversions

×