LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
A VIEW ON LEADERSHIP
Oscar Lambart Pyngrope
MBA I Year
Pondicherry Central University
Management as defined by B. M. Richman
Management entails the utilisation of human efforts
and material resources towards the achievement of
What is Management and its Process?
Leadership is a process by which a person influences
others to accomplish an objective and directs the
organization in a way that makes it more cohesive and
Four Factors of Leadership:
There are four major factors in leadership (U.S. Army,
What Leadership Will Look Like In 20 Years ?
1.Questions Not Answers: In the future, your effectiveness
as a leader will be defined by your ability to ask the right
2. Employee Pull : The most effective leaders will be those
who embrace this extreme empowerment, while still
effectively managing quality and risk.
3. Customer Pull : Leaders in this new marketplace will be
those able to set up and manage systems of tools with which
customers can interact and create.
What Leadership Will Look Like In 20 Years ? Contd..
4.Chaos Learning : Instead of relying on proven static
methods and processes, leaders will focus on building a
learning capability, being comfortable with ambiguity,
continually working within a changing landscape and
anticipating and reacting to it with agility.
5. Focus on Growth: Leaders who excel will understand and
reward the skills and behaviour that create growth and
6. Purpose :Purpose will be the basis of much of this choice,
and the greatest leaders will rally around missions that offer
the chance to have dramatic positive impact.
The question “why should anyone be lead by you ?”
strikes fear in the hearts of most Management
Why should anyone be lead by you?
A leader by default requires vision, energy , authority
, and strategic direction – and these four additional
• Reveal your weakness
• Become a sensor
• Practice Tough Empathy
• Dare to be different
Reveal your weakness
• Nobody wants to work with a perfect leader –He doesn’t
appear to need help.
• They selectively show their weaknesses. By exposing
some vulnerability, they reveal their approachability and
• Example: Richard Branson, the founder of Virgin, is ill at
ease and fumbles in-cessantly when interviewed in
Become a Sensor
• They rely heavily on intuition to gauge the appropriate
timing and course of their actions.
• Their ability to collect and interpret soft data helps them
know just when and how to act.
• Example: The CEO of Multi national Entertainment
company headquartered at Paris, came to know about the
vulnerable situation of Distributorship problem at Italy’s
branch with non-verbal cues.
Practice Tough Empathy
• Inspirational Leaders empathize passionately-and
realistically- with people, and they care intensely about the
work employees do.
• Tough Empathy means giving people what they need, not
what they want.
• Example: Alan Levy, the former CEO of Polygram, helped
his Junior Record Executives for selecting a Singles off
Dare to be different
• They capitalize on what's unique about themselves.
• They most effective leaders deliberately use differences to
keep a social distance. Even as they are drawing their
followers close to them, Inspirational leaders signal their
• Example: Mr.David Prosser, the CEO of Legal and
General, one of Europe's largest and successful insurance
companies was famous for his statement “We may be
good but we are not good enough ?”