LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
Manager –Fulfillment Center/Warehouse Operations.
Contact: 09886546038 / E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
An enthusiastic Fulfillment center Manager with drive, determination and proven ability to oversee the efficient
receipts, storage and despatch of wide range of goods. Having the necessary management skills required to
administer, improve and develop warehouse to achieve maximum efficiency, effectiveness and quality of
service. A hard working and pro-active individual with an upbeat positive attitude, who also has extensive
knowledge of working practises , recruitment ,conditions of employment and diversity issues .
Seeking managerial level assignments inWarehouse / SCM / Logistics Management with a leading organization
preferably in Bangalore.
Profile Summary :
A seasoned professional with nearly 13 years of commendable success in:
FC Operations / SCM/Distribution - Warehouse Administration -Regional/ D.C Warehouse
Management -Logistics Operations - -Reverse Logistics - CHA Management /Transportation -Import and
Export operations. - Inventory Control-Cost Optimization -Supply Chain Management, Procurement -
Packaging Solutions -Health and Safety -- Team Management -- -Reporting and Documentation.
• Expertise in the areas of forecasting, price negotiations, documentation, setting & achieving target and
driving growth with proven record of unprecedented accomplishments.
• Conversant with SAP MM Functionalities - , SAP Business One Module; conversant with Reverse Logistics
• Well-equipped in setting-up space saving techniques, goods identification methods, storage, movement &
packaging; gained exposure Import & Export Shipments, Order Fulfilment, Transportation & Logistics
• Proven abilities in handling third party logistics operations, reverse auction, procuring & sourcing the
• Areas of expertise cover logistics planning / management, coordination with international and domestic
suppliers, freight forwarders and export / import transactions .
• Effective negotiator committed to provide value for all stakeholders; strong communication, problem
solving, analytical and decision making skills
• An effective leader with demonstrated abilities in handling a team of 80 members involving Team
Leads, Senior executives , Excecutives and assistants (Putters, pickers DEO's)as well as helping the staff
along with training and upgrading the team knowledge .
• Expertise in the area of Operations Development :
• Conduting regular TMS(Time and Motion Study ) in the area of Receving, Putting , Picking
and Packing and revising /fixing the target and helping the team to increase the productivity .
• Consolidating the data for receving , wrong putaway , wrong pick , short pick and wrong analyising
the same throgh deatailed Root Cause Analysis and repetatative trend analysis and fixing the same
through CAPA .
• Improving Warehouse efficiency and Inventory Management by using simple techinnques like
ABC Analysis, Know your best sellers, Utilize Cycle counts,Minimize unathorised traffic , room for
receving, Quality Control, Finish Right Start Tight approch .etc.
• Closely working wigth Suppliers for Pull/Push approach for the exisiting schedules to meet
urgent requirment and Inventory target.
• Constanly working on keeping the team completly trainned on cross functions like Inbound
team trainned in outbound operations and visa versa , to handle sudden spike / unplanned
schedules of loads in both the areas.
• Expertise in space Management: Optimum utilisation/creation of warehouse space by dealing
with excess and obsolete inventory, using procedural changes, making physical changes, binning
and concepting methods and adopting new designs for storing.
Core Competencies :
Warehousing / Supply Chain Management
• Essayed a stellar role in the in the design of 50,000 Sq.ft new warehouse facility consisting 9600 nos of
SKU’s,for IKA India and managing the same from past 05 years.
• Storing Methods-Receiving & warehousing- Issue procedures- Preservation- Traceability- Codification-
Material Handling-FIFO/FEFO/LIFO -House Keeping (5S)Kanban-Material Planning-Stock Levels.
• Keeping abreast of new methods of warehousing and liaising with team sourcing and suppliers for
development of packing vendor as well as new package development process to meet international
standards likeISPM 15.
• Conceptualizing and implementing best practices to control the inventory variance like continues cycle
counting program, periodical check of all A and B class items, and conducting crime and loss
investigations, into missing stocks and loads and fixing specific percentage of variance and often checking
the results to ensure achievement as well as sustained improvements.
• Managing Regional warehouses / DC and Inter branch transfers based on the requirement.
• Well versed in handling /storing and shipping dangerous /Hazardous cargo and ensure that, the team is
well aware of EHS norms and principles and make sure that, same is followed diligently to create strong
safety culture within in the team.
• Setting the performance objectives for the team members keeping in mind the overall departmental
objectives, and align the same with strong performance appraisal system and ensure individual growth
• Work on a priority with suppliers based on the urgency of the parts, smoothen the inbound supply chain
eliminating Back orders, Past dues, Emergency orders as per the priority and supply practicalities.
• Closely co-ordinating with the Manager - Production and Manager - Customer Support Sales for
the on time execution of orders by setting the priorities for production on daily/weekly/monthly
• Formulating budgets, preparing and handling complete commercial documentation for shipping
• Coordinating with Supplier, Shipping Company, Clearing Agents & Transporters for clearance of imported
goods and movement of goods within the stipulated time.
• Monitoring complete commercial documentation for export-import trade in compliance with statutory
regulations and tracking various drawbacks.
• Helping the International customer to nominate best local freight forwarder in terms of service and cost
for the Ex-works shipments.
• Handling export documentation, shipment activities, cost & route negotiations, export incentives and
procedural requirement of customs, etc.
• Managing shipment related activities including coordination with shipping lines, sea freight rationalizing
and resolving the billing / payment issues.
• Appointing new transporters, sustaining the existing network and managing the supply chain, ensuring
timely distribution of the goods.
• Devisingefficient logistics management system to ensure delivery of shipments as per committed timelines
• Coordinating with freight forwarders, clearing agents and other agencies; verifying payment of duty,
freight & preparing freight request (memo & duty memo).
• Effective reverse logistics management system has been kept in place to deal with customer returns and
• Coordinating logistics for the set up standards with accountability for strategic utilization & deployment of
available resources to achieve the targets.
• Conducting domestic forwarders performance analysis by conducting meeting on regular intervals, based
on sales team input and work closely with forwarders to maintain the service level of 99%
• Visiting key account clients to build relationships and identify their key needs and address the same
through, roots Cause analysis , corrective and preventive action
Working with Novozymes as Manager for Warehouse distribution and PAN India Logistics.
From August-2014 to April 2016 with Delhivery.com as Manager-FC Operations .
• Spearhead 80K Regional fulfillment centre operations for DELHIVERY .COM
• Managing the compete order process both forward and reverse for FLIPKART ,SNAPDWAL and Paytm
and Amazon market place clients .
• Managing PAN India distribution of reputed clients like Avirate Fashions , Puma , Flying machines
through their distribution network.
• Overcome road blocks to ensure shipment is made in line with internal and external customers
requirements and keep a control tab on TAT breaches, and put in place CAPA to reduce the breach
• Oversaw complete Inbound Operations like coordinating with vendors, receiving all inbound consignments
from vendors, doing put away, stock transfer & monitoring inbound stock-in-transit.
• Assured pick accuracy & efficiency, quality compliance, on-time dispatch, delivery accuracy, manpower
planning, achieve set targets by EOD, DC productivity, etc.
. Define and identify the KPA and KPA champions and monitor the result , to enhance the productivity
Profitability to the warehouse /Fulfillment center.
• Resolved pending issues, managed vendor returns as per SOP including excess/damage/RTV merchandise as
well as administered store returns as per agreed process
• Involved in managingInventory/MIS Department entailingactivities of inventory management & maintenance
• Internal Stock transfer, identifying & maintaining the shelf life of the Inventory-in-hand &
scrappingthestocks unsuitable for consumption.
• Define track and improve on key metrics like breach, MIS shipments etc. for given region.
• Build a culture of owner ship and cross functional training for team to arrest sudden spike in the order
• Selection of right forwarders for last mile activities to enhance the last mileperformance .
• Played a key role on Flipkart Big Billion Day Sale for market place clients : Handled a team of 30
people and processed 20K orders per day with the picking and packing accurecy of 99%.
• Taken complet responsibilty of both Packing and shipping cancellation orders and achived zero
mis shipments from team.
• Played key role in big sales day of Paytm , Amazon .
. Taken the complete responsibility of return shipments and helped both Paytm and Flipkart team
to process the refund to customers.
Since Mar’09 to Jul’14 with IKA India Private Limited - Subsidiary of IKA Germany as Assistant –
Manager Supply Chain (Warehouse Operations and Logistics Management).
Key Result Areas:
• Accountable for planning, coordinating and monitoring the complete In-bound, Put away, Picking, Packing,
Work in progress and Out –bound process through SAP
• Carrying out the incoming functions including Receipt, Incoming Inspection, Sampling to QC& handling NC
• Ensure Custom bonded warehouse regulation and Excise warehouse rules and regulations related to
stores/shipment operations are adhered to .
• Streamlining the system and procedures for effective inventory control for ensuring ready availability of
materials to meet the production target.
• Administering Bonding and De-bonding procedures and arranging for re-packing of shipment before final
• Spearheading Put away, Binning, arranging and designing the locations for materials for the optimum
utilization of warehouse space and increase the retrieval / response time
• Maintaining regular follow up with QC for GRN approval for urgent shipments to meet production
• Performing ageing analysis report and formulate the strategy for both slowmoving and non-moving
items and provide the same to leadership team for further course of action .
• Initiating safety first approach and constant review of warehouse safety guidelines with team.
• Contributing in Audit: Ensure “ZERO” NC in the High Category & timely closure of the NCs (if any) for the
Low/medium category, with 100% adherence
• Recommending purchases of warehouse / material handling equipment.
• Ensuring cycle count accuracy by conducting regular cycle count and reconciliation of results.
• Implementing continuous improvement plan to bring in the cycletime and shipping accuracy.
• Looking out for opportunities to make improvement by continues evaluation of the existing process and
setting higher performance targets.
• Evaluate finished product inventory and make recommendations to the leadership team on any obsolete,
short dated or expired inventory.
• Ensuring nil customer escalations (internal and external) by maintaining consistent delivery against
• Handling periodic defective stock clearance, scrap disposal as per SOP
• Successful implementation of Kanban System: Identified the need of Kanban system in IKA production
facility and convinced the management for the implementation and resulted in following advantages.
- Optimize inventory and reduce product obsolescence, considerable reduction in waste and scrap,
provides flexibility in production, increase in output and reduced in total cost.
• 5S system in IKA India warehouse:
• Advanced packing methods for both domestic and international shipments and achieved no transit damage
case since from 5 years.
• Binning and conception methods in warehouse to increase the response time of picking process
• Go-Green concept in IKA India Warehouse: Communicating the importance of 3 Rs, Reduce, Reuse and
Recycle, and encourage the team members to increase the lifeof packaging by reuse and create a recycling
bin in warehouse and giving a new life for used materials like card boards, papers, and pallets.
• Augmented delivery performance of forwarders /Service level from 80% to 99%
• Contributed in the reduction of Inventory variance from 4% to 0.1%
• Imparted training to team members on the process to independently handle job roles
Feb’07-Feb’09 with Caterpillar Logistics Services India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore as Material Availability
Analyst in Supply Chain
Key Result Areas:
• Shouldered the responsibility of maintaining ISO 9001-2000, certification through successful on-going
internal and DNV (external) audits (attended external audits as the auditee)
• Assisted in transition of project - TIS transition to Japan by training forwarder and process partners
through same time & Tele conferences; Ascertained waste activities by conducting waste walks as per
Caterpillar Production System
• Carried out the audit of the work completed by forwarders and making available audit report to project
• Interfacing between Inventory management team, Inbound Logistics team and material planners for
changing planned schedules or raising new schedules. Analyzing and suggesting IM team for the need of
changing schedules on a case-by-case basis.
• Help in generating advanced shipping notice, updating order systems to enable dealers to track orders,
notifying Brokers to help them pre-clear shipments and sending shipment record to the freight pay
• Attained 4% optimization by diligently working with sales, operations & inventory management,
teams with improved focus on demand planning
• Meticulously contributed in the reduction of 100% past dues of 80 supplier’s by demonstrating
perseverance to fix MOQ issues, delivery delays and demand variance issues.
• Attended Internal & External ISO Audit contributing towards teams success in achieving
• Managed Fills per management goals and targets as an Escalation Coordinator
• Entrusted with the responsibility of relentless tracking of order fulfilment and adherence to the
escalation process to have consistent service
• Instrumentally enhanced the delivery performance of 25 suppliers from below 20% to above 80%
in China, Japan & Indonesia by collaboration, supplier education and customer expectations
• Gained recognition as the Winner of Pro-active Employee award of Caterpillar
• Manufacturing Logistics’ CDS TIS
• Procurement/ Expediting for CDS
• Trained in Caterpillar Expediting and De-expediting process (Reduction in Inventory) in USA
• Platform: Traffic Information System on IBM Mainframes (Manufacturing Logistics and transportation
• Procurement/Expediting on IBM Mainframes
Jul’03 to Jan-07with Tata Tele Services Warehouse under the Management of Total Logistics India (P)
Ltd. As Executive Operations
• Master Degree in Logistics Management from ICFAI.
• B.Com. from Bhandarkar’s Arts and Science College, affiliated to Mangalore University in 2003
• 12thfrom Pre-University College Navunda- Udupi in 2000
• 10th from Gregory High School- Udupi in 1998
• Well versed with MS Office(Word, Excel and PowerPoint) & MS Access, SAP
• Pursing Six Sigma Green Belt from IACT .
Date of Birth: 4th May 1982
Address: Ramesh Poojary S/o Narayana Poojary, Post Nada Kundapura Taluk, Udupi.
Mangalore – 56562
Languages Known: English, Hindi & Kannada.