So, Who Is
Strategic Sourcing Specialist,
All around nice guy
• What is employer branding and why is it
• Who to partner with?
• Success and Analytics
• Best Practices (good ones, anyway)
What we will cover…
Employer branding is
the process of
promoting a company,
or an organization, as
the employer of choice
to a desired target
group, one which a
company needs and
wants to recruit and
In today’s talent market, a strong brand is a
crucial component in attracting the right
talent to your open jobs.
“OK OK… I get it… branding is
So where do I start?
Look at your company
‘Careers’ page from a
candidate’s point of view.
Google your company
Search your company
name on LinkedIn,
Twitter, Facebook, and
other social media sites.
Glassdoor.com - What are
employees (current or
former) saying about your
company? Overall image?
Who do you want to hire?
• Look at hiring plans
• Speak to hiring managers
• Speak to employees
Conduct 1:1 interviews
or focus groups with
• Why did they choose to work
for your company?
• What keeps them?
• What do they value most in
• Where do they hang out
• Where do they look for
information when researching
• Research job boards and search
engines for job postings of target
roles in the locations you will be
• Look at past employees who quit
your company in the past year.
Where do they work now?
• Add all of these companies to
your list of competitors
• Check out the Career and
social media pages of
companies and look for
themes in their branding
• What messaging are they
using to attract talent?
• Are there any similarities
between them? Between
your company's brand and
• The purpose here is to
ensure that your brand
company from other
companies that are
competing with you for
the same talent. Your
company needs to stand
apart from the competition
while speaking directly to
what your target talent
• Your brand IS your employees
• Engaging your employees to participate in branding efforts
makes your brand authentic and interesting to their networks
• Start by identifying your current brand ambassadors:
• Employees who speak at professional events, conferences, etc.
• Employees who are active on social media
• What is the goal of your
• More/better/faster hires?
• More company followers
on social media?
• How are you going to
Your Applicant Tracking System
(ATS) - Measure applicant activity by
monitoring your ATS and report on
applicant numbers, time to hire, source of
Google Analytics - Measure the amount
of traffic coming to your Careers site and
where it is coming from with Google
Analytics. This way you can learn the best
sources of where your candidate flow are
coming from and adjust your branding
Social Media - Measure your company
social media page followers and
engagement through your corporate
accounts and analytics available through
your social media tools.
• Use the information you
collected from your current
employees as well as your
competitors to create your
company’s unique branding
• Engage your
teams in crafting this
• Social media - LinkedIn, Twitter,
Google+, Facebook, Instagram,
Pinterest, Tumblr, etc. - choose
the most relevant ones to your
• Share content from your industry
that would interest your
audience. Use an RSS reader
like “Feedly” to curate content
• Create a sharing schedule using
social media management tools
like Buffer or Hootsuite
• Have information about your
benefits/perks on your Careers
page (both external site and
• Mention what benefits/perks your
company offers - e.g.: free lunch,
“take your dog to work day”, extra
• Use pictures and videos of your
REAL employees on the Careers
page… no stock photos.
• Link to your social media accounts –
have an embedded feed of your
A Few More Notes On
• You cannot copy another company’s brand – every
company culture and brand is unique.
• Not all branding techniques and best practices work
for every company – research and experiment!
• Results of branding efforts are not immediate – long-
• The main point in
brands is to make sure
you are differentiating
yours from theirs
• Ex: every company offers
career development and
training opportunities – show
how your employees are
using this opportunity
• Tell original stories about
your real employees to
• It is important for your brand to
provide a positive experience for
all candidates (successful and
• People spread information about
your company through word of
• Have a stellar application
• Easy and painless - test your
application process and work with
your ATS vendor to strengthen it
• Mobile optimized Careers site?
• Respond quickly to candidates, let
unsuccessful ones know when they
are out of the running and show
appreciation for their interest.
Provide all candidates with the
most positive experience possible.
• It is important to have a robust
onboarding program to integrate new
hires into your culture.
• Provide new hires with the tools
necessary to be brand ambassadors for
• Explain your brand message to them
and let them know how they can get
• Offer help with their LinkedIn profile
and training on using and sharing your
content with their networks on social
media sites like Twitter and LinkedIn.
Connect with Me!
Parece que tiene un bloqueador de anuncios ejecutándose. Poniendo SlideShare en la lista blanca de su bloqueador de anuncios, está apoyando a nuestra comunidad de creadores de contenidos.
¿Odia los anuncios?
Hemos actualizado nuestra política de privacidad.
Hemos actualizado su política de privacidad para cumplir con las cambiantes normativas de privacidad internacionales y para ofrecerle información sobre las limitadas formas en las que utilizamos sus datos.
Puede leer los detalles a continuación. Al aceptar, usted acepta la política de privacidad actualizada.