LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
1) What are life processes?
2) What is nutrition?
3) Types of nutrition
4) Plant nutrition
5) Why is photosynthesis important?
7) Steps of photosynthesis
8) What are the conditions necessary for
9) How do CO2 & H2O enter the plants?
10)The fate work of guard cells
11)Other needs of plants
What are life processes?
Various functions carried out by living beings;
which are necessary to maintain and continue life
are called life process.
What is nutrition?
• The process by which an organism takes
food and utilizes it is called nutrition.
• Need of nutrition: Organisms need energy
to perform various activities. The energy is
supplied by the nutrients. Organisms need
various raw materials for growth and
repair. These raw materials are provided
• Green plants prepare their own food. They
make food in the presence of sunlight.
Sunlight provides energy, carbon dioxide
and water are the raw materials and
chloroplast is the site where food is made.
Why is photosynthesis important?
• Photosynthesis is the main way through which
the solar energy is made available for different
• Green plants are the main producers of food in
the ecosystem. All other organisms directly or
indirectly depend on green plants for food.
• The process of photosynthesis also helps in
maintaining the balance of carbon dioxide and
oxygen in the air.
• Photosynthesis is the
process by which light
energy absorbed by
chlorophyll is transformed
into chemical energy used
to make carbohydrates from
water & carbon dioxide.
Oxygen is released during
What is photosynthesis?
Steps of Photosynthesis
• Sunlight activates chlorophyll; which leads to splitting of
• The hydrogen; released by splitting of water molecule is
utilized for reduction of carbon dioxide to produce
• Oxygen is the byproduct of photosynthesis.
• Carbohydrate is subsequently converted into starch and
is stored in leaves and other storage parts.
• The splitting of water molecules is part of the light
• Other steps are part of the dark reaction during
Q. What are the conditions
necessary for photosynthesis?
• Chlorophyll (green pigment)
• Suitable temperature
Sunlight, Chlorophyll & CO2 are essential for
photosynthesis. Other conditions needed are a
suitable temperature and water.
How do CO2 & H2O enter the plants?
Pathway of CO2 from
Stomata to rest of the
The fate work of guard cells
• Plants 'breathe' and 'sweat' through their
stomata, which are regulated by guard
cells. Guard cells have a very important
job because by opening and closing
stomata, they facilitate gas exchange for
photosynthesis and help minimize water
Other need of the plants
• Other materials like nitrogen, phosphorus,
iron and magnesium are taken up from the
• Nitrogen is an essential element used in
the synthesis of proteins and other
compounds n is taken up in the form of
nitrates or nitrites.