1. Steve M. Favacchia
3 Sundor Circle, 215.704.1448 (cell)
Broomall PA 19008 firstname.lastname@example.org
As an Operations leader, I provided financial organizations with solutions to back office operational challenges
that increase efficiency, accuracy and compliance. As Vice President of Operations for the Police and Fire
Federal Credit Union, I developed and managed highly functioning teams across the Operations department that
successfully processed and completed all tasks in a timely manner. I have extensive experience negotiating and
managing vendor contracts, procurements and relationships. One of my most significant accomplishments was
reducing expenses by $2.5 million at Police and Fire Federal Credit Union. My areas of expertise include:
Implementation of new Products and Services Contract negotiation
Vendor Management Asset Management
Staff Training and Development Business planning
Budget planning and expense reduction Project Management
Reviewing and Developing Procedures Billing Process
Customer Service Card Processing
Risk Assessment/Management Compliant Management
DHS, FPS Acquisitions Division, Homeland Security (Loch Harbour Group); Philadelphia, PA 19106
06/14 to Present
• Provide analysis, research and administrative support for the $1 billion a year procurement function of Federal
Protective Services (FPS).
• Procurement support includes:
o Prepare documents and reports.
o Input data/requisitions into the Purchase Requisition Information System (PRISM).
o Utilizing various computer databases to extract various procurement tracking reports for FPS Leadership.
o Enter requisitions into the FPS budgeting and payment system (Federal Financial Management System)
(FFMS) for FPS Budget approval.
o Coordinate FPS special projects.
o Input contract requisitions and modifications in Single Point of Entry System (SPOE) for tracking
o Provide assistance, including analysis for Procurement related projects.
Police and Fire Federal Credit Union; Philadelphia, PA 19107 02/02 to 05/14
Vice President: Deposit/Operations Department
• Provide overall leadership and direction to a staff of 14 across all operations functions including; ATM
settlement, debit card orders, ACH, wires, ACH incoming payroll, on line bill payment, telephone banking
services, check21 process, payroll distribution, new member applications and mail deposits.
• Monitor 27 ATMs with an average of 130K monthly transactions to ensure 97%+ uptime, monitor cash and
manage all on and off-premise installations.
• Proactively explore new innovative services and products then select, negotiate, and manage relationships with all
• Monitor contract, billing cost and payment.
• Develop operations reporting check, returns, mail deposits, ATM volume in which ultimately decrease the overall
department downtime, improve customer service and continually improve delivery.
2. • Partner directly with the CEO and executive team to complete the annual operations business plan, deliver on the
plan’s objective which have included management of a variety of high-profile projects including Check21,
Remote deposit capture Mobile deposit, and ATM image automation.
• Partner with Internal and External Audit to ensure policy and procedures are compliant.
• Act as a Relationship Manager and point of contact for all vendors, contracts and businesses.
• Stay up to date with contract regulations and policies.
• Provide training to all staff as changes are implemented.
• Knowledge of contract administration concepts, principles and practices.
• Perform contract administration functions, verifying evidence of contractor’s progress.
• Create and maintain all required contractual documentation and utilize cost/price analysis.
• Provide guidance on procurements and contract administration to group leaders.
• Serve as a primary contact and consultant regarding pricing and negotiation of service.
• Develop contractual terms and implement/approve final payments for contracts.
• Develop spread sheets, reports and presentations to monitor vendor costs and services.
• Knowledge of contracting principles and procedures.
• Resolve delivery and acceptance disputes that occur.
• Determine the contract method to be best used and verifying progression of services.
• Conduct site visits for contract and equipment.
• Negotiate contract extensions for longer periods.
• Monitor Debit card transactions and order reissue cards. Monitor card pricing and monthly billing.
First Union National Bank; Philadelphia, PA 19106 10/83 to 02/02
Operations Officer: MICR Quality & Quality Control Administration
• Successfully monitored four North Region Service Centers to ensure daily reject volume rate <1%.
• Provide monthly statistical reports and work with customer to reduce reject rate.
• Managed business customer accounts and provide new services.
• Managed the Item Processing Proof Incentive Plan for a staff of 125 proof encoding operators. Managed Proof
Correction System to ensure each batch settled.
• Measured and tested MICR Characters on customer’s checks to ensure correct MICR line setup.
• Installed and supported hardware and software applications for multi-shift operation.
• Purchased and supported LAN based software.
• Coordinated with 3rd
party banks to ensure quality presentment and processing deadlines.
Manager: Deposit Processing Department.
• Managed a staff of 20 employees in the Transit Department and Inclearing Department responsible for
production and settlement capacity.
Proof Operator: Item Processing Department.
• Encoded checks and settling work.
Associates Degree in Business Management 09/85 to 06/88
Delaware County Community College
Media, PA 19103