LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
• A campaign started in 2000 A.D to select new seven wonders of the
• 2000-2004-Initial campaign launch and worldwide awareness
• 2004-2005-Voting amongst the 177 nominees in participating
locations. On 24 December 2005,the top 77 sites passed to the N7W
panel of experts for them to select the finalists.
• 1st January 2006-Announcement of 21 official finalists.
• 7th July 2007-Official declaration of the new seven wonders of the
world in Lisbon, Portugal on 07/07/07.
• It is located in the municipality of TINUM in the Mexican state of Yucatan.
• It means “at the mouth of the ITZA well”.
• It was built during 6th century to 12th century by the mayan people.
• The Chac god is the Maya’s god of rain and lightning and these sacrifices were done
to end drought.
• El Castillo ,also known as Temple of Kukulcan is a monument in the shape of a
pyramid that dominates the centre of the Chichen Itza.It is biggest pyramid in
• Most famous temple city of Maya’s.
• There are 91 steps in each of its four sides, one step for one day of the year .
• 365th day of the year represents a 6 meter temple on the top platform.
• It is located in Peru.
• It was built around 1450-1460 by Pachacutec Inca Yupanqui and Tupac Inca
• It means ancient mountains.
• It is tangible evidence of the urban Inca empire at the peak of its power and
achievement-a citadel of cut stone fit together without mortar so tightly that its
cracks still can’t be penetrated by a knife blade.
• Known as the “Lost City of the Incas”, For unknown reasons, the Incas mysteriously
deserted Machu Picchu a little over 100 years after its completion, leaving an
abandoned city almost 8,000 ft above sea level. Machu Picchu remained
undisturbed until 1911, when it was reintroduced to the modern world.
• It is located in Ma’an governorate, Jordan.
• It was possibly made between 1200 B.C – 600 B.C. by nomadic
arab tribe known as the nabataeans.
• Petra is the Greek word for rock.
• Petra is known as the rose red city for the colour of the rocks from
which Petra is carved.
• Petra is famous for many of its stone structures.
• Only 15% of Petra has been explored by archeologists. The rest
remains to be discovered.
CHRIST THE REDEEMER
• It is located in Corcovado mountain,Rio de
• There was a week of the monument from
September 2 to 9,1923;during which funds were
collected from people all over Brazil for the
construction of the Christ statue. From there, it
took 8 straight years to get completed and it got
inaugurated on October 12,1931.
• It is the largest art deco statue in the world.
• It is symbol of Christianity.
• It is meant to show that Jesus loves all and will
embrace all that come to him.
• It is located in Rome,Italy.
• Built in 70-80 A.D by Vespasian and Titus of
• Also known as Flavian Amphitheatre.
• It has more than 80 entrances and can
accommodate about 50k spectators.
• It was used for gladiatorial contests and public
spectacles such as animal hunts,mock sea battles,
re-enactments of famous battles, executions and
Major natural disasters devastated the structure of colosseum, but it was the
earthquake of 847 A.D and 1231 A.D that caused most of the damages that
we see today
GREAT WALL OF CHINA
• Located in china.
• It spans across 15 regions in north China:
Heilongjiang, Jilin, Liaoning, Inner
Mongolia, Beijing, Tianjin, Hebei,
Shandong, Henan, Shanxi, Shaanxi, Gansu,
Ningxia, Qinghai, and Xinjiang.
• First and Last Construction (7th century BC -
• Mainly built by Qin and Min dynasty.
• It winds up and down across
deserts,grasslands,mountains and plateaus
• The average height of the walls is 6 to 7
meters,and the highest wall is 14 meters.
SOME FACTS ABOUT GREAT WALL OF CHINA
• The primary purpose was always to protect the Chinese empire from
the Mongolians and other invaders and military forces.
• The total length of the Great Wall of China built in different dynasties is
21,196.18 kilometers , announced by China's State Administration of Cultural
Relics in 2012.
• World’s largest human made structure.
• 1/3 of the walls have disappeared.
• Completion of Such a Massive Project Originated from a Rumor.
THE TAJ MAHAL
• Located in Agra on the bank of Yamuna
• Built in 1632-1653 by Shah Jahan in memory of Mumtaz Mahal.
• “JEWEL OF MUSLIM ART IN INDIA”.
• Pinkish at sunrise,pure white at noon,soft exotic orange at sunset and blue
during full moonlight.
• Built entirely of white marble.
• Its stunning architectural beauty is beyond adequate description,particularly
at dawn and sunset.
• The minarets were built tilting outwards to protect the taj from calamities like
• Continuous source of enjoyment, happiness and love.
• Reminds us of our cultural heritage and compels us to honour and appreciate
our ancient scriptures and designing.
• Truly a mystery of ancient history.
• Today, it is our responsibility to nourish and bring these monuments up with
some more advancements so that future reminds our generation. A generation
full of knowledge, wisdom and technologies.
• For me wonders can change because everything is transient and life looks
beautiful in its transient nature.
• But no one can change the creativity which exists with them who built these
wonders, for me they are the biggest wonder which till date existed.