12. Uccello Process for Non-Stop Creativity
13. Four Stages of Creativity
• Graham Wallas, 1926
14. Stages of Creative Thinking
1st soft divergent
2nd hard convergent
Will it work?
Can we do it?
Does it fit in?
Who can help?
Suppose it fails?
15. Metaphorical Thinking
• Aristotle wrote that “the greatest thing by far
is to be the master of metaphor.”
• Metaphor is a mark of genius
• How is my job like driving a ferrari?
• Comparison between one event or item and
something else that is similar
• Life is like a grapefruit because you just start
to enjoy it and it squirts you in the eye.
• Life is like….because…
25. Cultural programming can continue
for years and eventually operates at
the “unconscious” level. It can take
up to three generations for a culture
~ Ed Hall~
26. Possible Barriers (?)
Respond when spoken
40. If you wish to conquer,
first conquer yourself.
41. Food for Thought
• The danger of training, where talents doesn’t
exist or is weak, is that we burn out before any
significant improvement shows. We also waste
time, energy and cost, and no matter how
good the training, at least we can only achieve
mediocracy. If we want mastery, we must train
where a natural talent already exists to a
• Peter Shephard
42. Don’t try to put in what was left out.
Try to draw out what was left in
~ Buckingham and Coffman ~