1. Project Meeting in Budapest 2nd – 7th Oct. 2011 LLP PROGRAMME - Comenius Project On the way to a young European citizen: democratic values and modern skills.
6. Then we visited the “Invisible Exhibition”, to show us how blind people live. A blind guide took us into a dark room and,walking,we had to touch things and to identify them. We touched many objects,like statues, computers, a TV a wall with fur, trees and food … It was an interesting experience! At 1.00 p.m. we came back to school and we had lunch together . After lunch, we had the project workshop. We went to the auditorium of the school and we met two girls and a boy who have already finished studying in that school. They told us how it is important in our life being competent and studying.
7. After the project workshop,we had free time with our hosts! We went sightseeing and we saw the Opera and the Statue of Liberty in Budapest. We went up a very steep climb to see the statue and when we arrived we were very tired! But the view was wonderful! We saw Budapest at night with all of his lights and we took pictures all together! Then we went home and we had dinner with families.
10. In the «Hall Of Tears», where they behead people, there are a lot of light-bulbs and crosses to not forget the victims and on many walls in other rooms there are pictures of deadpeople because of those regimes. There are some walls made by «false» soap, to remember the soap they made using the skin taken from the corpes of people who died in that period. A room was dedicated to the propaganda held by the dictators: they showed that they would have a happy and prosperous period, even if it wasn’t so at all.
11. Then we had lunch together at school and in the afternoon we had a discussion about the importance of having freedom and democracy in a country. After that we had free time, that we spent it with our hosts, having fun and doing shopping. We really enjoyed it! In the evening everyone went home with one’s own host, had dinner and went to bed.
12. Thursday in Budapest! In the morning we met at school and we took the bus all together. Then we arrived in Viesgrad, at the Ethnographic Museum where we did some activities such as making and decorating cookies: everyone had to prepare four cookies to be eaten! After that we had a tour in the village, with a guide. It was a reconstruction of an old Hungarian village, with many small houses and other objects of the life in that times. The Hungarian guys were right: it was a bit boring! This was one of those small houses; Its roof is made of straw! And this is the internal of a house These are some of the biscuits we made. 5th October 2011
13. At lunch time we went to the Reneissance Restaurant. It was really fun: we were all together and we ate chicken and potatoes. Then we ate a dessert: a special cake of raspberries and it was quite good! Then, everyone had a crown and everyone dressed up as Kings and Queens and we took many photos! Hungarian Kings & Queens!
14. After lunch we went to a village near Visegrad called Szentendre. It was great, because we had a tour on those bobs, it was like a small roller-coaster and we enjoyed it a lot! There were two different courses : the black one and the red one!
15. Coming back, we had freetime in the afternoon with our hosts, as everyday. So they took us for a walk in Budapest, we visited many places and we went to a cafè. We had a lot of fun with them because we played many games as ‘’ Must or Truth’’. At about 8.30 p.m. everybody came home!
16. On the last day, we said “good bye” to our host families and we took our luggage to school. We met in a small room of the school and we decided to attend the lessons with our Hungarians hosts; but because the first two were about Hungarian literature, we were asked to go to the Computer Room, otherwise we wouldn’t have understood anything. At around 10 a.m. , we attended the English lessons during which we watched “Friends” and at 12 a.m. we took part in the Italian lesson and we were very good ! Of course ! Then we went to Physics Lab where we attended classes and at the end we had Geography,, with the translation in English from two Hungarians guys who explained us what the teacher was saying. The last day
17. We had our last lunch at McDonald’ s with our Hungarian friends. We ate chips, nuggets and tea. delicious! Lunch time :)
18. In our free time, we stayed in one of the big school rooms, because outside it was raining. We played many funny games with our Hungarian friends. One of these games was this one: People, lying on the floor, are linked by their arms and one of them has to get out the others one by one! It was amazing! Free time !
19. At 4.00 p.m. we left the school using Adam’s and Charlotte’s cars. We had many problems but finally we arrived at the airport! The plane was at 8 :00 p.m. but we were already there at 5:00 p.m. Back home
20. We’ d like to close saying that it was an amazing experience and we have a lot of fun The most beatiful thing was we were all united even if we were from differents countries. Thanks also to the teachers that took us in this “adventure”. We hope this friendship will can last in the memories and in the heart of everybody. So, really thanks to everyone for this beatiful experience