LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
• Plant breeding is the art of science of changing
the traits of plants in order to produce desired
• Plant breeding can be accomplished through
many techniques ranging from simply selecting
plants with desirable characteristics for
propagation, to more or complex cultivation.
• Hybrids are commonly produced and selected
because they have desirable characteristics not
found or inconsistently present in the parent
individual or population.
• The hybridisation used in develop new type of
animals and plants with high resistance, high
productivity and lifelongness. And these are the
qualities of hybrid plants and animals.
• Sunandini, aseen, basara,jamnapari are the
examples of hybrid varieties of animals.
Kuthiravali,sreejaya,shubhra,lohith are the
examples of plants.
Now we study about some of the hybridized plant
with their example.
CHARACTERISTICS OF HYBRIDISED PLANTS
• Hybridised plants have high resistance.
• Hybridised plants have high yielding capacity.
• Hybridised plants have high productivity.
• Hybridised plants have lifelongness.
• Example: Brinjal,Ladyfinger,Chilli,Paddy,
• Hybridised rice is any genealogy of rice produced
by cross breeding different kinds of rice.
• As with other types of hybrids , hybrids rice are
typically displays heterosis such that when it
grown under the same conditions as comparable
high yielding inbred rice varieties it can produce
up to 30% more rice.
• High yield crops, like hybrid rice are one of the
most important tools for combiting world food
Example: IR8, Jaya,Jyothi,Aswathy ……
• Bt Brinjal, the first genetically modified food
crop, has generated in India.
• The Bt Brinjal give higher profit to the man.
The seeds can be re used it save cost of
purchasing fresh seeds.
• The Bt brinjal high yield would spell greater
economic stability and migrated the financial
Examples:Soorya, Swetha, Haritha, Neelima etc.
• Tomato production is increased considerably
in the recent past with green house
• The tomato is popular with both small and
large scale farmers for its edible fruits both for
export and consumption.
Example: Shakti, Mukthi, Anakha, Anna f1
• The polymer blends have been of a great
interest particularly last two decades or so.
• The factors that have fueled this interest are
cost and time associated with the
development of new polymers.
• And the ability to tailor properties by blending
which may result in new desirable.
Example: RR 11-105,RR 11-300, RR:M.700 etc.
• Hybrid variety of cucumber give high yield.
• And there are different varieties of cucumber
present in that field.
• And also they are disease resistance.
• The different varieties of cucumber are
Burpee hybrid, Gemini hybrid, China long
cucumber, Arunima etc.
• Pea plant is also known as small spherical seed
or seed pot of the pod fruit.
• The pod contain several seed of peas.
• There are so many varieties of garden pea;
they are namely Alaska, Tom Thumb, Sabre,
• They are high yielding varieties and
• The coconut tree is the major crop in Kerala.
• Most coconut palms are categorized as old trees.
• It grow in various environment certain
• The coconut farming give high volume of
Example: PB 121, KHINA-1, T x D, D x T,
Kerasanka, Kerasree etc.
Through the study we can learned about the
different types of hybrid plants and their special
features with example. The hybrid plants will
give more yielding and result to us. And the
plants have the capacity of high productivity,
high resistance and life longness.