LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
The Nigerian Network
2020 Lobby group
National Conference Project Presentation -
The economic case for discussing growth targets.
An apolitical development agenda.
We aim to create the premier
African development project
Nigerian Network 2020 is lobbying for the following…
1. The economic project decision to be made by
the Sovereign Conference.
2. Net estimate total planning cost $200m over 5
3. Covering secretariat of 20 staff and annual
progress meetings 2015 - 2020
4. We humbly ask for establishment of a paid
sovereign conference study group and RFP
process for the project outlined herein.
16/03/2014 NN2020 all rights reserved 2
The Nigerian Network 2020 Lobby
aims to deliver
1. To create Africa’s premier network development
2. Build new transport links and new City
infrastructure across Nigeria.
3. Deliver project to Increase Economic Growth by
5% per annum between 2020 to 2050
4. Our aim is to generate job and growth for
future generations of Nigerians
16/03/2014 NN2020 all rights reserved 3
Build new transport links and new
City infrastructure across Nigeria
1. Strategic transport links are key nation building
2. A mega project with rail linking West (TBC),
East (TBC), North east (TBC), North
West(TBC), South East(TBC) and South
3. High speed passenger rail, with integrated
airport and light railway modules
4. Audit Integrated transport freight platforms
linking international ports and airports
16/03/2014 NN2020 all rights reserved 4
Deliver projects that will increase
Economic Growth by 5% pa
First order effects
◦ Planning and construction of rail and energy infrastructure
Second order effects
◦ Building supporting infrastructure – telecoms and roads.
◦ Phased delivery of base urban infrastructure at key points.
Third order effects
◦ Training and maintenance infrastructure
◦ Extend infrastructure across west and central Africa
◦ Domestic manufacture
If approved these combined projects (holding other things
constant) will make Nigeria the number one country for
industrial output in Africa (we are currently 3rd)
16/03/2014 NN2020 all rights reserved 5
Generate job and growth for
future generations of Nigerians
1. Core focus will be the development of three
alternative path plans for Government approval
2. All plans have minimum 50% Nigerian Labour
at every management level
3. All plans with minimum 50% private and
multinational finance; rest supplied by federal
4. All Plans include Target of 1 million additional
jobs created each year
16/03/2014 NN2020 all rights reserved 6
Preliminary financial estimates
1. Draft execution costs financial estimates.
2. Total project cost $120bn dollars over 30 years
2020 to 2050.
3. New Network 2020 secretariat with 20
permanent staff and government budget of
approx. $30 million per annum to write and
supervise RFP with international partners and
4. State partners will be free to commit further
funds for additional infrastructure programmes.
16/03/2014 NN2020 all rights reserved 7
Conference decision points
1. During the following 90 days delegates must
decide which cities in the 6 geopolitical zones
should be terminals.
2. Vote on whether delegates opt in to form
smaller paid working groups for annual review
prior to 2020 launch.
3. Approval of preliminary detailed second and
third order plans launch after.
4. Delegates will recommend plan to government
of Nigeria by simple majority vote in favour.
5. Conference vote will make the content of this
preliminary presentation binding (all rights
reserved by Nigeria Network 2020 lobby)
16/03/2014 NN2020 all rights reserved 8