1. Project Brief
For the construction of
Prepared by :
Teo Kuo Chien
Tutor : Miss Ann See Peng
no title Done by
1 Introduction of project DEAN
2 Site introduction DEAN
3 Site view DEAN
4 Site analysis and observation DEAN
5 Proposal DEAN
6 Proposal justification DEAN
7 Proposal concept elaboration DEAN
8 Costing plan DEAN
9 Rationale, benefits and impacts DEAN
3. Introduction of project
In this final project of introduction to
construction industry. We are assigned to find a
piece of empty land with the size between 30m
x 30m to 30m x 40m.we are about to do a
report on propose a construction on the empty
4. Site introduction
The site I havechosen will be located at Kuala Lumpur , Taman Desa beside jalan
bukit Desa 3
Context in Taman Desa:
Itis all residential area around my chosen site and someshop houses, grocery
storeand restaurant. There are also few schoolin Taman Desa which is SMK
Taman Desa, SK Taman Desa and Sekolah Kebangsaan Desa Baiduri.
Location plan ( Taman Desa )
10. Site analysis and observation
Advantages of my site :
The advantages of my site is it is a big empty space. Itis a more peaceful area
compareto city area. There is no high way around so percentage of road accident
is very low. My site is obviously seen in this residential area so it is safeand
people pass by all the time so as a result it is a safer zone.
Disadvantageof my site :
Disadvantageof my site is there is tall wild grasses all over the site. Itis also dirty
with rubbish all surrounded and mosquitoes are quite a serious matter in my site
causing of the rubbish. High rise condominium werebuilt both side of my site so
there will be no sunlight shinning at my aite all the time especially time around
morning and evening. Oneserious matter is that there is no road light around my
site so it is quite dark at night around there.
The name of my proposalfor this site is ‘ Green Gather ‘ . It is a 1200m²
community garden construction which meant to let the people living in this
residential area to havebetter relationship with each other and another main
purposeis to preservethe nature. This construction involved a children
playground which covered almost half of the garden, jogging track, a gazebo in
the center of the garden that surrounded by a man-made lake, a reflexology path
way area and one more bigger lake with four smaller gazebo floating on the lake.
Advantage of community garden
• Community gardens bring people together from a wide variety of backgrounds (age, race,
culture, social class).
• Community gardens build community leaders.
• Community gardens offer a focal point for community organizing, and can lead to community-
based efforts to deal with other social concerns.
• Community gardens provide opportunities to meet neighbors.
• Community gardens build block clubs (neighborhood associations).
• Community gardens increase eyes on the street.
• Community gardening is recognized by the many police departments as an effective
community crime prevention strategy.
• Community gardens offer unique opportunities for new immigrants (who tend to be
concentrated in low-income urban communities) to:
12. - Produce traditional crops otherwise unavailable locally,
- Take advantage of the experience of elders to produce a significant amount of food for the
- Provide inter-generational exposure to cultural traditions,
- Offer a cultural exchange with other gardeners,
- Learn about block clubs, neighborhood groups, and other community information.
• Community gardens offer neighborhoods an access point to non-English speaking
• Community gardens allow people from diverse backgrounds to work side-by-side on common
goals without speaking the same language.
• Community gardens add beauty to the community and heighten people's awareness and
appreciation for living things.
• Community gardens filter rainwater, helping to keep lakes, rivers, and groundwater clean.
• Community gardens restore oxygen to the air and help to reduce air pollution.
• Community gardens recycle huge volumes of tree trimmings, leaves, grass clippings, and
other organic wastes back into the soil.
• Community gardens provide a place to retreat from the noise and commotion of urban
• Community gardens provide much needed green space in lower-income neighborhoods which
typically have access to less green space than do other parts of the community.
• Development and maintenance of garden space is less expensive than that of parkland.
• Scientific studies show that crime decreases in neighborhoods as the amount of green space
• Community gardens have been shown to actually increase property values in the immediate
vicinity where they are located.
14. Proposal justification
The reason for me to proposea community garden is becauseit is a higher
popularity residential area. Vehicle are not passing by too randomly and rate of
crime cases are found minimum in my site area. Community garden are more
suitable for this site becausepeople living in this residential area need better
communication and contact with each other to build better relationship between
each other. We are encouraged to build more green area too now a days to
preservenature and make the residential area have a more environmentfriendly
An initial plan of my proposalfor community garden
17. Elaboration of garden
The reason of placing
the playground in
frontof the garden is
to attract children to
go and havefun there
and bring this parents
along to the garden
and can communicate
with people living
around who are at the
garden too. Itis a good
time to communicate
with each other.
18. Main Gazebo
This is the main gazebo
which surrounded by
man-made lake. This
main gazebo is around
6m² located in the
center of the garden as
a decoration of the
19. Reflexology path way
The reflexology path
way mostly for senior
citizen to improve
their blood circulation
and maintain their
nerve system. This
area is also a relaxing
area as there are
quite a number of
chair setting along the
reflexology path way.
21. Activities in the garden
Children having fun in playground Photo shooting
Jogging Fish feeding
22. Costing plan
Bill Element quantity Price (single)
1 Land area 1200m² 550000 550000
2 Foundation reconstruction 1200m² 20000 20000
3 Man-made lake 250m² 12000 12000
4 Jogging track 300m 10 3000
5 Tree 37 750 27750
6 Shrub 29 100 2900
7 Big gazebo 1 6000 6000
8 Small gazebo 4 1500 6000
9 Reflexology pathway 50m 30 1500
10 Garden chair 18 250 4500
11 Playground equipment set 1 12000 12000
12 Construction fee 20000 20000
23. The rationale of this project
in my opinion, I think it is good to construct a community garden in the
middle of the residential area because it is a place for all the people to
communicate and have contact and garden is eco friendly too as we
really need more to prevent the happening of global warming.
The benefits of community
• Community gardens increase a sense of community ownership
• Community gardens foster the development of a community
identity and spirit.
• Community gardens bring people together from a wide variety of
backgrounds (age, race, culture, social class).
• Community gardens build community leaders.
• Community gardens offer a focal point for community organizing,
and can lead to community-based efforts to deal with other social
24. Impact of construct a
People who visited the garden will sometimes litter or dirty the garden.
Animals will stay remain at the garden as home also. Some society or
community are required to maintain the quality of the garden to
prevent it to be down grade.