LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
• Full Bounce & Pounce Questions
• Raise your hands to pounce during the given
• First complete ans will fetch full points, it’ll be
same during ‘Two Parts’ Questions also.
• Last but not the least QM’s decision is final.
• Thank You, have a blast
• First set of Questions are coming from
• 1.These are some of the mechanics used in
the 19th century in Europe. Now tell me what
was the use of these mechanics?
• Ans- Safety Coffin, device for indicating life in
• Ans- Name of the three movies for which RD
Burman won his three Filmfares.
• 42+Love Stoory=1942 a love story
• Poster of movie Masoom(New)
• Song of movie Saanam Teri Kasam(New)
• 3.Montague Druitt was a member
of MCC & also played for the
prominent London club
Blackheath. As a bowler, he took
five wickets for Bournemouth
against the touring Parsees from
India in 1888 but Druitt was
found drowned in December of
that year. Why is he a topic in the
• Ans- He was one of the main suspects as the
‘Jack the Ripper’.
• 4.This is a tropical forest near
Entebbe,Uganda. It means
‘Overgrown’ in the Luganda
language. The forest is proected &
restricted to scientific research.
The forest carves an area of about
62 acres. The forest is accessible
to visitors for bird watching.
Former US President Jimmy Carter
once visited the forest for that
purpose. Almost 7 decades ago
something was first found in this
forest & was named after it. It’s in
the news recently. What is that?
• 5.The first thing Jean Jullien did
when he heard the news was
reach for paper & his
paintbrush. He sketch a simple
image on his lap. Late on that
evening he posted it on to his
Instragam & Twitter pages. This
sketch became viral all around
the world instantly. What did
6.Saint Thomas was one of the Twelve Apostles of
Jesus Christ, according to the New Testament. He came
to India to spread Christianity but was killed in
Mylapore,near Chennai in 72.
This place was uninhabited before the arrival of
Portuguese around 1470. the land was right on the
equator and wet enough to grow sugar in wild. The
duties on the island’s sugar crop were paid to the
‘Prince of Potugal’.
Later the country was named after the combination of
these two (St. Thomas & Prince of Potugal).Name it.
Next Slide – Flag of the country.
• 7.Neil Horan,an Irish had a
desire to visit Maringa,Brazil to
meet Vanderlei de Lima. Neil
told, ”I’ve always wanted to
apologize to Vanderlei & I’ve
tried to contact him lots of
times but haven’t heard back.
What I did was very wrong &
it’s played on my mind ever
since”. Why did he want to
meet him to apologize?
• Ans- He obstructed him to deny the 2004
Olympic Gold in Marathon.
• 8. Hindustani is a local language here. It’s a variety
of Awadhi that was influenced by Bhojpuri &
other Bihari languages.
• The first ever Hindustani movie,named ‘Kanoon
Se Rishta’ by Vishwa Naidu was released in 1995.
The film industry is called “Bulawood” in this part.
Just id the place.
( 1 )
• This biochemist, doctor,
writer, and scientist &
founder of Santiago School
of Medicine,took a leave
from his medical studies to
co-operate his friend for a
particular task in 1952 (PiC
DepictS) thus a literary
masterpiece was created.
• Which Literary Work ?
( 2 )
• Produced by David O.Selznick (pic ),
Rebecca (1940 ) was Hitchcock’s 1st
project in America.
• What subject did the Producer
originally propose on which another
movie has been made almost five &
half decade later of Rebecca?
( 3 )
• On 26th January 2016, in India-
Australia 1st T20 Match, Shaun Tait
Bowled an Inconsistent 1st 2
overs. On 1st ball,3rd ball & 5th Ball
, He Bowled outside of the Off
stump & Rest 3 balls He bowled
on the Leg side & Rohit Sharma
made full use of his inconsistency.
• To describe Shaun Tait’s Pitch Map,
Harsha Bhogle stated that, ‘Looks
like Tait took Inspiration from
• According to Bhogle ‘What’
inspired Tait ?
( 4 )
• This Masterpiece of road design is one of the
beautiful features of Kargil to Leh route.
There are 23 such bends in just 32 kms and is
officially called The Hangru loops.
• But local people & tourists gave another
sweet name of this Spot. What ?
( 5 )
• X acted in This Film & Y was The Clapper Boy
of this film. During The shooting, X – Y met
Together For first Time & Rest is History.
• Identify X & Y
( 6 )
• A practising lawyer, named Thakur
Chandan Kumar Singh has filed a
complaint case against X in a court in
Sitamarhi, north Bihar.
• Complaint Stated X’s WIFE was exiled
for no fault of hers for almost one &
• Singh cited this as an instance of a non-
cognisable offence committed by X
towards his wife, who was later found
innocent of charges for which she was
sought to be punished.
• Identify X.
( 7 )
• X is a lagoon on the
island of Oahu,
Hawaii, west of
• Three types of planes
A6M (Zeroes), B5N
(Kates) and D3A
(Vals) made X a well
known entity in the
World of History.
• Identify X
• Gopal will start the second set off questions…
( 1 )
• Monte Cassino is a rocky
hill about 130 kilometres
southeast of Rome. it is
best known for its historic
abbey. St. Benedict of
Nursia established his
first monastery here around
529. In the Italian campaign
of the Second World War,
What were the code words
used by allied forces to
signal their attack on
( 3 )
Which brand , got success after adopted by
both the British and American armies in World
War I, currently owned by S. C. Johnson was
first made in Melbourne Australia in 1906 by
Scotsman William Ramsay who named it after
the home land of his wife, Annie Elizabeth
• The polish was developed in
Australia by William Ramsay
who named it Kiwi after the
flightless bird endemic to
New Zealand, the home
country of his wife, Annie
Elizabeth Meek Ramsay. Its
success in Australia
expanded overseas when it
was adopted by both the
British and American armies
in World War I.
( 4 )
We all know the crime of
Tantalus & element named
“Y” was the first daughter of
Tantalus. She married the king
of Thebes called Amphion.
Which soft, grey, ductile
transition metal with atomic
number 41 comes from her
• The Central Siberian Plateau
the Yenisei and The ‘X’ river
’(in the pic) Which is the
easternmost of the three
great Siberian rivers that
flow into the Arctic Ocean. It
is the 11th longest river in
the world. In February 1897,
‘Y’ was exiled to the Central
Siberian Plateau without
trial for 3 years & inspired to
take his pen name When he
saw this river. Which famous
pen name am I talking
• Swararaj Shrikant , according to an industry
source, had attended a film function organized
by some production house by the name of Coffee
productions at the JW Marriott hotel in 2005
where he had made an announcement that he
will be directing a film for Amitabh Bachchan. But
for reasons best known his film career did not
take off and a film on the same lines got made in
the form of Ek Ajnabi that was directed by
Apoorva Lakhia. How is he batter known to us?
• King Richard II of England, who
reigned from 1377 to 1399, is widely
believed] to have invented the “X” as
surviving documents written by his
courtiers describe his use of “X.
• Certainly they were in existence
by Shakespeare's time and A “X” is
an important plot device in his
• Marie Antoinette persuaded Louis
XVI of France to pass a law stating
that ‘it’ had to be square in shape.
• What means " covering the head,“
am I talking about?
Handkerchief. This term
came from two French
words: couvrir, which
means “to cover,” and
chef, which means “head.”
( 8 )
This customary 'ceremony’ presented each year
on the last working day of February ' in which a
sweet dish is prepared in large quantity and
served to all people involved with it as a part of
the Indian tradition of having something sweet
before starting an important work. During the
week they stay hair & have no means of
communicating with the outside world. What is
this “ceremony” called?
'Halwa ceremony' The Union
Budget of India. The printing
of Budget documents
Debapriya again with his last set off
• Anticlockwise plz…
• 1. Solve the equation to get a name after
whom something in Kolkata was named.
• Ans- RG Kar Medical College was named after
Radha Gobinda Kar (RG Kar).
• (RADHA)nath siksar+Guru (GOBIND)
• 3.There are many disputes & stories related origin
of this. One of them says it has come from a now
extinct plant Silphium which was a plant that was
used in classical antiquity as a seasoning and as a
medicine. It was the essential item of trade from
the ancient North African city of Cyrene, and was
so critical to the Cyrenian economy that most of
their coins bore a picture of the plant. Some
silver coins from Cyrene of the 6–5th century BCE
have depiction of the fruit/seed of this plant also.
These fruits/seeds are responsible for the claim
of the origin of this. What is thought to be
originated by these?
• 6.Who’s missing in this exhaustive list of four?
• Ans- Shrutikriti,wife of Shatrughna.
• Others are…
• Urmila (Urmila Matondkar)-wife of Laxman
• Seeta (Seeta Aur Geerta movie)-wife of Rama
• Mandovi (River Mandovi)-wife of Bharat
• Zimbabwe tour of India,
• 2nd Test: India v Zimbabwe at Delhi, Feb 28-
Mar 4, 2002
• India won by 4 wickets in a ‘Rank Turner’
• 30th over in the 2nd innings of Zimbabwe
• The over reads 220.127.116.11.0.4
• What is special about this over?
• Ans- only over in international cricket where
Zaheer Khan bowled spin.
• 8.According to Guinness Book the maximum
gathering for a particular reason happened at
the Flanders Expo Halls in Ghent, Belgium, on
11 December 2010 with 2,280 people.
• Why did they gather there?
• Ans- ‘Quizzing’
• The winning team Café De Kastaar from
Leuven consisted of Marnix Baes, Erik
Derycke, Eric Hemelaers, Bart Permentier and
G.T. Road. description of the Grand Trunk
Road in ‘Kim’, unarguably his greatest work:
• Grand Trunk Road is a wonderful spectacle. It
runs straight, bearing without crowding India’s
traffic for fifteen hundred miles—such a river
of life as nowhere else exists in the world.
• 2. This is a advertisement
published in a news paper in
• Over two months later, on May
12, 1932, his body was
discovered.] A medical
examination determined that the
cause of death was a massive
• After two year, Richard
Hauptmann was arrested and
sentenced to death by electric
chair at the New Jersey State
Prison on April 3, 1936.
• The result that the United States
Congress adopted a federal Act
Which is popularly known after
this incident. What?
• Lindbergh Law. After Churls Lindberg Jr.
• 3.According to the
biblical account ”X” was
strength by God in order
to combat his enemies
and perform heroic feats
such as killing a lion.
• Which product, founded
in Denver, Colorado in
1910 by Jesse Schwayder
& named after this
• Lata Mangeshkar has produced four films:
• 1953 - Vaadal (Marathi)
• 1953 - Jhaanjhar (Hindi), co-produced with C.
• 1955 - Kanchan (Hindi)
• 1990 - Lekin... (Hindi).
• Herman _____was a
Dutch ophthalmologist , earning
his medical degree in 1858 &
working as an assistant physician
at the Netherlands Hospital for
Eye Patients & took over
directorship of the Hospital for
Patients. While working their he
developed something which
rapidly become the global
standard of a certain field What?
• This breed of dog, the only dog mentioned by
name in the Bible, is generally seems come
from its color. But it got its name from the
native name of a certain country from where
they come from. Which breed of dog often
used as a mascot by sports teams, both
professional and amateur am I talking about?
• The Greyhound is a very
old breed of dog,
a sighthound which has
been historically bred
for coursing game and
• “X”is a 1972 Bollywood movie directed
by Narender Bedi most remembered for its
songs by R.D. Burman Which is exat copy of
this 1970 Bengali movie directed by Salil
Sen & Music by R. D. Burman. Id the Bengali
Jean de Villemain ______
was the French ambassador
in Portugal, who sent tobacco
seeds imported from
Americas to the French King
in 1560 & promoted their
medicinal use Which was
believed to protect against
illness, particularly the
plague. What has been
named after his surname?
• Saarthak will do the final set of this Quiz in
( 1 )
• What is the Name Of the
Pattern that results where
a Stock Price reaches A
peak & Declines; Rises
above its Former peak &
again declines; & rises a
3rd but Not to the 2nd
Peak; & then Again
Declines, Also share it’s
name with a P & G
( 2 )
• Ayarton SENNA’s Funeral was
broadcast live on Brazillian
TeleVision. An Estimated 3
million people Gathered there
including Alain Prost, JaCkie
Stewart Etc. Two notable
Absentees were F.O.M President
Bernie Ecclestone as Senna’s
Family Didn’t allow Him &
Other One was FIA President
• My q is What Was the Reason
behind Mosley’s Absent ?
• HE ATTENDED Roland Ratzenberger’s Funeral
which took place in Austria.
( 3 )
• After _________, King of Caria died,
his wife Artemisia was grief stricken.
After his body had been buried, she
mixed his ashes with water and
drank them off.
A word has been Derived From The
name of the King, Which is largely
associated with his wife’s action to
Keep His memory Alive.
Which Word ?
( 5 )
• She was Born in Faridpur District, in
1915. Her father was Kaliprasanna. In her
Childhood , she joined ‘Anushilan
• She took active part in ‘Titagarh
SHARAJANTRA’. Her assistant was Uma
sarkar & Sunila sen.
• She was also Very close to Netaji &
became a part of Forward Block.She died
on 1st Feb 1988.
• Her name is not often remembered but
her namesake who lived 174 KM Away
from Faridpur, , is Hugely Popular , & a
fictional heartthrob of her creator.
• Id her.
( 6 )
• Herzogenaurach is a small town in GERMANY.
A small river flows in the centre part of the
• WRITTER BARBARA SMIT,
IN HER BOOK
‘PITCH INVASION’ , STATED
THAT, THIS TOWN WAS
CALLED ; ‘
‘THE TOWN OF BENT NECKS’
WHY IT WAS CALLED SO?
( 7 )
• X WAS SEEN JUST BEFORE
• THE BIRTH OF MARK TWAIN IN 1835.
• MARK TWAIN STATED IN HIS
BIOGRAPHY THAT; ‘I came in with X in
1835 & I expect to go out with it.
• SUPRISINGLY X WAS SEEN AGAIN JUST
AFTER THE DEATH OF MARK TWAIN
• X , WHICH WAS NAMED AFTER Y (PIC
) WHO DIDN’T DISCOVER IT BUT GAVE
A CERTAIN CHARACTERISTICS OF X &
MARK TWAINS D.O.B & D.O.D
JUSTIFIED IT ONCE AGAIN.
• ID X