4. Psychology: The science of the human mind and behavior. The word psychology literally means, ”study of the soul” ~ Wikipedia . Visual Merchandising: The activity of promoting the sale of goods, especially by their presentation in retail outlets. This includes combining product, environment, and space into a stimulating and engaging display to encourage the sale of a product or service. ~ New Oxford Dictionary .
18. $ $$ $$$ FUNCTIONAL VALUE EMOTIONAL VALUE SYMBOLIC VALUE REPTILIAN GENE Provides emotional equity + major brand equity LIMBIC GENE Provides emotional equity cal CORTEX GENE Provides trust & credibility Reptilian Codes Find the REPTILIAN BRAIN. This is where the highest level of Brand Competition occurs. And this is where premium brand experience and pricing rules. BrandGenetic
19. Reptilian Codes Power Domination Challenge Individual Recognition Pleasure Satisfaction Control Order Belonging Social Acceptance Security Protection Freedom Autonomy Explanation Discovery Family Ensuring Your Heritage Tran- scendence Survival of Genes
21. 3 BRAIN IN ACTION: examples of how it’s translated into brand activation, communication strategy, and the retail environment
22. 3 BRAIN IN ACTION: examples of how it’s translated into brand activation, communication strategy, and the retail environment
23. “ You never actually own a Patek Philippe. You merely take care of it for the next generation” 1997 Campaign Launch 3 BRAIN IN ACTION: examples of how it’s translated into brand activation, communication strategy, and the retail environment
25. G ATOMS = Brand’s dominant meanings GENES = Perceived executions CORE PROMISE = One sentence idea It works like a chemical formula A A A A Core Promise Debe tener los tres valores, no es escenográfico. BrandGenetic
26. American icon REPTILIAN GENE Provides emotional equity + major brand equity LIMBIC GENE Provides emotional equity CORTEX GENE Provides trust & credibility BRAND BOUNDARY White Bears Endless themes Lights me up Endless themes Value PRODUCT BOUNDARY Mindcode developed this BrandGenetic to show a Coke competitor why the brand has a stronger symbolic+emotional superiority and to understand how Coke is building value. Enjoy Life! Debe tener los tres valores, no es escenográfico.
31. Visual merchandising is defined as the physical display of goods in the most appealing and attractive manner possible.
32. This includes store layout and décor, merchandise presentation, and displays. The main goal of visual merchandising is to please the senses of the consumer
33. YOUR VISUAL LOOK Is sending out the right branding message to your audience? YOUR VISUAL LOOK Does reflect the company’s brand personality? YOUR VISUAL LOOK Is in sync with your customers’ brand experience?
34. The experience of your brand is related to how well you tell your visual merchandising story. By creating stimulating and evocative displays, you help form the customer's understanding of your products and services.
52. Good design can mean the difference between: “ One-Time Customer” vs. “Repeat Customer”
53. Good design can mean the difference between: “ Selling a Commodity” vs. “Unforgettable Brand Experience”
54. Southeast Asia: With a population of over half a billion people spread over eleven countries, Southeast Asia provides retailers with significant opportunities, but also operational challenges. Southeast Asia’s diverse retail environments, ranging from mixed use developments like Singapore’s Marina Bay, Manila’s huge SM Malls, and Jakarta’s and Bangkok’s high-end themed malls like Plaza Indonesia, Pacific Place, Siam Paragon, and Gaysorn Plaza. All the way to local “mom and pop” shops, means that brand strategies must be tailored for a huge array of consumer needs and habits. Additionally, changing consumer behavior, rising disposable incomes, increasingly status conscious shoppers, and online product availability all continue to impact the retail environment.
55. USA Mexico Colombia Peru Argentina Indonesia Bolivia MindCode is a strategic brand positioning company that provides innovative Brand solutions. MindCode’s objective is to maximize Brand value for our clients by revealing an innate, profound understanding of their markets. MindCode has worked with clients across the world. MindCode has proven to be an essential tool to increase Brand value.
69. DIAN HASAN Empowering Brands through Culture Dian Hasan has always seen himself as a curious creature, stemming from his own unique cultural background, the result of the union of a Czech mother and an Indonesian father. Growing up across four continents and vast cultural differences, has molded him into a a global citizen aware of his immediate surroundings. Prague, Jakarta, Sydney, Rotterdam, New York, Singapore, through to San Diego today, have all left an indelible imprint of culturally-specific places. He brings his cultural sensitivity to his work in Innovation & Brand Positioning. Always considering the sheer importance of being “On-Code” and in harmony with the local culture. The Speaker Dian Hasan is a San Diego-based Brand Storyteller and Business Innovator at Mindcode ( www.mindcode ), a US-based Innovation, Brand Positioning and Consumer Behavior Research Company. He has worked with clients in the US, Mexico, Argentina, Indonesia, from various industries Dian is spearheading Mindcode’s foray into Asia, via Indonesia. Before joining Mindcode, he was with EMI Music Asia in Jakarta, where as a Managing Director, he operated during the challenging Asian Crisis (1998) when the local currency depreciated 80% against the US$. Prior to that Dian was with Amanresorts (pioneers of boutique hotels in Asia), The Four Seasons New York, American Express, The United Nations Headquarters in New York, and Coopers & Lybrand Rotterdam, The Netherlands. Dian is a regular contributor and avid blogger on Innovation & Branding, Marketing, Ecotourism & Culture, through his blog “Ideas Inspiring Innovation" www.ideasinspiringinnovation.wordpress.com . Dian holds an MSc. In Hospitality & Real Estate Studies from NYU, and a BA in Finance and Accounting from University of Indonesia. Identifying Innovation & Building Brands through an innate Cultural Understanding In our globalized world of today, cultures mesh and evolve, but the true cultural identity remains intact. And successful brands are those that acknowledge and work within this fascinating realm.