Se ha denunciado esta presentación.
Here are ten skills or competencies I believe every aspiring marketer should learn. Yet it is not part of usual marketing courses.
1. Give / receive creative feedback
“Don’t keep a dog and bark yourself”
2. Vlookup and other Excel voodoo tricks
Marketers shouldn’t be afraid of numbers.
3. History of advertising
The marketer should be a voracious reader and an inquisitive historian of his trade.
4. How to manage upward / stand your ground
Marketing is no department for the pushover.
5. Fractions and basic % calculation
It’s always good to impress people in the room and be noticed as number-inclined.
6. Project management
Learn and apply the basics of project management and you will become a strong asset in any marketing job and to any leader.
Great marketers and leaders tell stories. You should too.
Don’t be a fool and think bargaining is beneath you or a salesman’s job. Or else, as Bon Scott sang, risk “getting had / getting took”.
9. Sketching / mapping
Know how to convey your point of view visually in a strategic manner.
It’s tough out here for Marketers. Know it, build a thick skin, and be a pitbull.
10 THINGS THEY DON'T TEACH <br>In marketing schools<br>
FOR THE ASPIRING MARKETER...<br>
...AND THE EXPERIENCED ONE<br>
1. Creative Feedback <br>Know how to give and receive it.<br>
"Don't keep a dog and bark yourself" <br>-David Ogilvy<br>
2. Vlookup & Excel tricks <br>ROCK ADVANCED FUNCTIONS. ROCK YOUR JOB.<br>
Marketers shouldn’t be afraid of numbers.<br>
3. History of advertising <br>KNOW LASKER, BERNBACH, OGILVY...<br>
Marketer, be a voracious student of your trade.<br>
4. How to manage upward / stand your ground <br>Manage expectations and defend your opinions<br>
Marketing is no department for the pushover.<br>
5. Fractions & basic % calculation <br>Know your numbers. Calculate on the spot.<br>
Impress people in the room: be the number-inclined.<br>
6. Project management <br>Tasks, deadlines, followup. Know the basics.<br>
A good project manager is always an asset.<br>
7. Storytelling <br>conference, campaign, Elevator pitch: tell a story<br>
Great marketers tell stories. You should too.<br>
8. Bargaining <br>Defend budgets, get paid, sell space, cut deals.<br>
Don’t be a fool and think bargaining is a salesman’s job<br>
9. Sketching / mapping <br>Get your point across<br>
Don’t stand lower than a caveman on the corporate ladder: know how to convey your point of view visually in a strategic manner.<br>
10. Endurance <br>Marketing is A marathon, not A sprint.<br>
It’s tough out here for Marketers.<br>Know it, build a thick skin, and be a pitbull.<br>
To discuss & get more<br>@GuillaumeRigal<br>www.GuillaumeRigal.com<br>
10 THINGS THEY DON'T TEACH <br>IN MARKETING SCHOOLS<br>