1. C A L I F O R N I A S K I
D E S T I N AT I O N S
C R E A T E D B Y J A C K RY G E R
2. California has plenty of options to offer when searching for a
destination to ski. It is important to first decide what it is that you are
looking for when planning a ski trip to California.
3. • This list exemplifies just a few of the numerous
locations California has to offer it’s skiing community.
4. Badger Pass Ski Area
California's original ski area, Badger Pass, is located in one of California’s most beautiful national
parks, Yosemite. Badger Pass is a full-service ski resort who offers ski and snowboard instruction,
rental equipment, childcare, and even a cafeteria/lounge.
If you are a beginner skier or just not yet as comfortable on the slopes as you would like to be, then Badger
Pass is the place for you, with 85 percent of its’ slopes devoted to beginner and intermediate levels.
5. • Heavenly Ski Resort is located on the California-Nevada border in South Lake Tahoe.
Heavenly is one of the world's largest ski resorts, set on Tahoe Lake's south shore.
With its’ spectacular views, the resort has the largest snowmaking and grooming ﬂeet
on the West Coast.
HEAVENLY SKI RESORT
6. M A M M O T H
• Mammoth is located in Eastern California along the east side of the Sierra Nevada mountain
range. It features 1,000's of acres of terrain and an altitude that keeps things white into
summer making it one of the longest ski seasons in North America. Mammoth has about 300
days of sunshine a year, so don’t forget the sunscreen as a part of your ski gear.
7. S U G A R B O W L
• Sugar Bowl is located in Norden, California. If you are particularly fond of
backcountry skiing, then Sugar Bowl is the place for you. Sugar Bowl’s backcountry
tours are professionally guided and give people the chance to participate in
educational seminars, snowshoe hikes, and much more.
8. B O R E A L M O U N TA I N R E S O R T
If you are looking for a smaller more intimate skiing experience, you must go to Boreal Mountain.
Located just 80 miles from Sacramento, Boreal Mountain provides its’ skiers with night lighting and a
sound system on the mountain to enhance your skiing experience.