Drawing 1: Drawing Fundamentals Lectures
Prepared by: Instructor Kristinne Marie D. Claudio
NOTE: Drawing guide using Drawing Instruments Shown on the Picture
Classification of Letter Styles.
- Gothic – All letters having the elementary strokes of even
width are classified as Gothic. Gothic lettering are the Single
- Roman – All letters having elementary strokes “Accented” or
consisting of heavy and light lines are classified as roman.
- Italic – All slanting letters are classified as Italics – these may
be further designated as Roman Italics
Gothic Lettering, Roman Lettering
- Text - This term includes all styles of Old English
Old English Text
Types of Letter Styles:
1. E X T E N D E D L E T T E R S – if the letters are wider than the normal
2. CONDENSED LETTERS – if the letters are narrower than the normal
3. LIGHTFACE – thin stem of lettering
4. BOLDFACE – thick stem of lettering
- Drafting Fundamentals fifth edition by Cecil Jensen
- Technical Drawing seventh edition by Giesecke, Mithchell, Spencer Hill and Dygdon
- Walker, J. R., Exploring Drafting. Tinley Park, Illinois: Goodheart-Willcox. 1996.
- Internet; Technical Draw Wikipedia