Marc Hollingworth Director Of Sales And Marketing Resume M
Marc P. Hollingworth
Accomplished Domestic & International Sales and Marketing Executive
firstname.lastname@example.org 949-230-9961 Orange County, CA
DIRECTING SALES AND MARKETING EFFORTS FOR RESULTS
Sales and Marketing leader with 20+ years of experience in sales, planning and execution of marketing strategies for
ophthalmology, medical device and pharma products. Launched 10+ products, increased sales 65% and exceeded
$400M in revenue. Maintains strong relationships with physicians and administrators and builds dynamic teams.
Employs a win-win negotiation style and maintains a composed response for critical situations. Fluent in French.
Organizational Leadership Mergers & Acquisitions Business Planning
New Business Development Clinical Trials/FDA Team Management
Media Management Financial Acumen Coaching & Mentoring
Strategy & Execution Budgeting & Forecasting Executive Presentations
MHC BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT GROUP; SALES & MARKETING DIRECTOR/PRINCIPAL 2003 – Present
Provided complex sales, marketing and strategic planning business solutions and expertise for medical device start-ups
and companies in expansion. Including Meteor Systems, Health Capital Financial Services, Optonol, NeoVista, Merck,
Surmodics, Vmax Vision and CareCredit. Highlight of accomplishments for key companies are listed below.
I-Med Pharma Inc. – Re-introduced I-Med Pharma to market, increasing sales 65% in the first year for company
specializing in global Veterinary Ophthalmic Products.
- Launched new intra-ocular lens increasing overall sales by 60% and gaining 20% market share.
- Created practice management newsletters for practices to increase branding and corporate image.
Tear Science Inc. – Launched new technology for dry-eye diagnosis and treatment, selling $300,000 in six months.
Right Medical Products – Reorganized US distribution network, generating 7 new distributors and an 8% increase in
- Designed comprehensive marketing campaign to enhance professional profile for $3M company.
OIS – Directed worldwide marketing activities including business and strategic product development.
- Re-launched core product area and created new branding strategy; resulting in 12% sales increase.
- Re-built marketing team from ground zero and designed training program for a sales team of 10.
- Participated as a key member in the negotiations to purchase Abraxas Medical.
SOLX Incorporated – Established and developed global marketing, sales and distribution network for glaucoma
treatment systems, generating $750K in one year.
- Established clinical trial sites for both FDA and European marketing support.
- Created and conducted MD training programs for 25 physicians and 10 distributors globally.
- Analyzed potential of Nano-shell drug delivery device.
BAUSCH & LOMB SURGICAL/STORZ OPHTHALMICS, U.S. and Canada 1985 – 2002
Director of Commercial Strategy – Sales and Marketing (2001-2002)
Created strategies in the corporate refractive business area and managed implementation; increasing sales $5M in first
Marc P. Hollingworth email@example.com 949-230-9961 Page 2
Director of Global Marketing - Cataract, Refractive and Vitreo-Retinal Products (2000-2001)
Full P&L responsibility for $400M product line, re-built B&L surgical marketing team from 2 to 12 employees in 1 year.
Successfully arrested 5% per quarter decline in business in US Cataract and Vitreoretinal business; by
implementing programs to increase sales by 10% in 12 months.
Director of Sales & Marketing/General Manager Canada (1998-2000)
Directed marketing, sales and administrative functions, including full P&L. increasing sales increasing sales from $3M
to $25M through execution of key strategic sales and marketing programs.
Grew market share of lasers from 45% to 60% in one year.
Directed consolidation of warehousing facilities for all B&L divisions saving $400K per year.
Established company as number one in the market for surgical instruments.
Consistently over -achieved plan through effective budgeting, forecasting and developmental strategies.
Merged Storz & Chiron into Bausch & Lomb Surgical Canada with a 10% increase in first year.
General Manager-Sales & Marketing, Canada (1985-1998)
Built sales, marketing, and administrative teams including distribution and independent dealer network; increasing
Canadian revenue from $1.5M to $11M and directed full P&L activities.
Managed business through 2 mergers and acquisitions, maintaining over an 8% increase in sales per year and
profits of 10%.
Launched foldable intra-ocular lens to Canadian market, capturing 25% of this market in the first year.
Directed launch of first ocular vitamin – Ocuvite, the fastest growing vitamin in its class.
Expanded and directed a sales team of 10 direct reports and 2 independent sales representatives.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
MBA, McGill UNIVERSITY, MONTREAL (Completed 16 credits)
Bachelor of Science, Biology CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY, MONTREAL, Physiology and Biochemistry
Completed numerous Sales and Management Courses, including training at the Center for Strategic Leadership in
Trained as a Paramedic - Active for 2 years
Research in Cryogenics
TEACHING AND PUBLICATIONS
- Guest Lecturer on cataract and vitro-retinal surgery at veterinary universities across the United States.
- Created training programs on cataract surgery for veterinarian ophthalmologists to introduce new products.
- Instructed 2000’s of hours in surgery to over 150+ MD’s on the newest surgical techniques and products.
- Strategic Sales and Marketing Planning in Today's Economy...Focus on Medical Devices
An overview of the medical device industry and the challenges it faces in today's environment.
Volunteer for Isaiah House, Santa Ana on-going for 10 years
Coaching sports for over 20 years
PTA Chairman for 2 years
School Board Building Committee for 2 years