Design For Changing The World Exhibition 2010 In Japan Hosted Granma
1. 2010 D esign F or C hanging the W orld E xhibition ~Imagine another life through the products~
2. Exhibition Summary Imagine their life through the products ・ One in five children -nearly 400 million- have no access to safe water （ Unicef ） ・ Waterborne diseases are estimated to cause more than two million deaths annually （ American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene ） ・ Each day, 3,900 children die because they lack access to safe drinking water and adequate sanitation （ Unicef ） ・ Nearly two billion people live without access to basic sanitation （ American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene ） Imagine the underlying social issues from the products Imagine another life through the products Life straw (a point of use water filter) Source: http://other90.cooperhewitt.org/
3. Tokyo Midtown Access Time and Date: 14 th May 2010(Fri) Opening Party 19:00-21:00 15 th May 2010(Sat)–13 th June(Sun) 10:00-19:00 12 th June 2010 (Sat) Closing Party 19:00-23:00 Venue : Tokyo Midtown DESIGN HUB (Roppongi) Entrance Fee ： Free （ Charges are applicable to some conference/Free event brochure with advance registration ） Size of Audience ; 10,000 (expected) Presented by ： Design For Changing the World Executive Committee Nippon Foundation CANPAN Project Co-presented by ： Tokyo Midtown, DESIGN HUB Japan Industrial Design Promotion Organization (JIDPO) Sponsored by ： Large sized companies (under negotiation) Under the Auspice of ： Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, Tokyo Metropolitan Government (Under proposition) Special Supported by ： Eiji Press Inc. Administrated by ： Granma Inc. Event Outline
4. Back ground Construct a New BOP Benefit Route Through Design Reverse Innovation Developed Country BOP Innovated products Profit Developed Products Consumption Benefit Route
6. 4 : Conference Vision Participant Participant Participant Participant 3 : Workshop 5 : Developed Countries ・ Life design that saves millions of people? ・ Life design that saves the southern hemisphere? 6 : A life beyond imagination of people in Japan War Malaria Religion AIDS Diversity Gender 2 : Exhibition ・ Who came up with it ？ New Relationship New Relationship Promote the life-design focused in BOP Existing Relationship Existing Relationship Connected with each other The traditional designing approach is to face a social issue, consider how it could be resolved and derive solution for it. However, the main aim of this exhibition is to grasp the living environment of BOP end-users and imagine and understand their needs from existing BOP products. 5 : Designers take the initiative in designing the next BOP product in order to be the subject of new economic system. 4 : Define how the products that target on BOP will drive the future economic system in conference. 3 : Learn the process of BOP product development and its designing mind through workshop. 2 : Understand the underlying social issues that led to the development of BOP products. Imagine the life style of end-user by focusing on design and function of product. 1 : Product =LifeStraw® Environment Education Starvation Poverty Political Scandal Water Shortage ・ Who benefits from it?
8. Administration Structure 2010 Design for Chainging the World Exhibition BOP Life Design Executive Committee Co-sponsor （ National Authority ） （ Advertising Firms ） 〔 Media ） （ Public Institutions ） （ Manufacturing Companies ） グループ １ グループ 2 Large Enterprise ・ SMEs （ Technological ） 運営資金 Steering Committee NPO CANPAN Center Granma Inc. BOP Product Design Jury(2011 ～ ) Design Review Committee （ Ten board members ） (2011 ～ ) Partners Tokyo Midtown Design Hub JIDPO Project Manager Finance & Accounting Negotiation Operation Public Relation Promotion Creative ※ Organization of approximately 30 ※ Structured from relevant, NPOs and NGOs ※ Initiation from begging of February, 2009 運営 基準・信頼 協力 Event supporters Administration Structure Event administration