LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
WHAT IS SILENT SOUND TECHNOLOGY ?
• Technology that helps to transmit
information without using vocal cords.
• It transform lip movements into a
computer generated sound.
• Hence person on other end of phone
receives the information in audio.
WHY WE NEED SILENT SOUND TECHNOLOGY???
• For a better way of communication in noisy public
• Gives a better and new way of communication for
those peoples who lost their voice.
for giving any confidential
information over a phone without worrying about
• As the electronic pulses are universal and can be
immediately converted into any other language of
• The idea of interpreting silent speech with computer
was popularized in the year 1968.
•“SILENT SOUND TECHNOLOGY” was demonstrated
in CEBIT-2010 .
• This technology is being developed by scientists of
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Germany.
HOW WE SPEAK…..???
• When we generally
aloud, air passes through Larynx
and tongue. Words are produced
using articulator muscle in
mouth and jaw region.
• Even by saying words without
producing sounds weak electric
current are sent from brain to
-:METHODS:• “SILENT SOUND TECHNOLOGY” is processed
through some way or methods….
• IMAGE PROCESSING
• It is a technique which monitors tiny
muscular movements and pulses generated by
it. The transducers involved converts pulses
into electric signals.
silent/ laryngectomized speaker
HOW IT WORKS…..????
• A needle electrode or a needle
containing two fine wire
electrodes is inserted through
the skin into the muscle tissue.
differs in internal structure so
electrode has to be places at
various location to get accurate
by this way speech can be communicated
• The simplest form of digital image processing
converts the digital data tape into a film image
with minimal corrections and calibrations.
• Then large mainframe computers are
manipulation of data.
Analysis of remotely sensed data is done
using various image processing techniques
and methods that includes:
• Digital image processing
Analog image processing:
• Analog processing techniques is applied to hard copy
data such as photographs or printouts.
elements of interpretation,
such as primary element, spatial arrangement etc.
Digital image processing:
• It is the use of computer algorithm to perform image
processing on digital image.
• In the most basic terms, digital processing refers to
any manipulation of electronic data to produce a
-:RESEARCH:• “Lost calls”.
• Research found that “lost calls” of $ 20 billion per
• Now research is going on a technology that can be
used in Office environment.
-:APPLICATIONS:• For astronauts.
• Effective calls in crowded place.
• Can use without vocal cord.
• Useful to Aphasia (speaking disorder ).
• It gives confidentiality.
• Since the electrical signals are universal they can be
translated into any language(currently being German, English
• In military works.
• Technology is difficult to apply in some language ( Chinese).
• Complicated to identify person and emotions.
• This device presently needs nine leads to be attached to our
face which is quite impractical to make it usable.
• Speech recognition technology.
• Without having electrodes hanging all around your
face, these electrodes will be incorporated into cell
• Nano technology will be a mentionable step towards
making the device handy.
•Engineers claim that the device is working
with 99 percent efficiency.
• Silent Sound Technology one of the recent
trends in the field of information technology
implements “Talking without Talking”.
• It will be done of the innovating and useful
technology and in future this technology will
be use in day to day life.