Mazin Ali Abdullah Al-Muqrashi
Answer for Question 1:
In the USA:
- Quality assurance in higher education institutions is done through accreditation process.
- Ensure education providers meet, maintain standers of quality and integrity regarding
- No federal agency or ministry to control education institution in USA.
- Accreditation is carry out by private.
- The external quality monitoring is the method of quality assurance in USA.
- The accreditation in US is ingoing process.
- There are 5 main features of accreditation process:
Action by accrediting organization.
Ongoing external review.
In the UK:
- Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) is the centralized independent body funded for Higher
education institutions in UK.
- QAA role is to provide public assurances which enhance the standards and the quality of
high education institutions.
- Quality assurance is done primary through institutional audit and subject review.
- The system of quality assurance in UK is done through the practice the reporting
mechanism and details in the criteria differ significantly.
- The higher education institutions are:
- Providing award and qualifications of an acceptable quality.
- Exercising their legal powers to award the degrees in proper manner.
- Higher education institutions in Australia are self-accrediting bodies.
- System of formal and cyclical review involving external assessors.
- It includes :
- Graduate destination surveys and students’ evaluation survey.
- Accreditation from professional associations for courses.
- Use of external examiners for high degree.
The quality assurance system in Australia is different from USA and UK. So far the all
those countries follow different systems in case of assuring quality in higher education.
All of them are doing external quality monitoring.
Answer for Question 2:
- INQAAHE have many objectives to improve the international quality in higher education
in the world. The first one is to promote good practice for all the countries’ higher
education institutions. Moreover, it will facilitate the research into the practice of
quality management in higher education effectively. In addition, this will link between
accrediting bodies across national borders.
- It is important to participate in the INQAAHE standards because it will help our country
to improve the quality of our Higher Education institutions. However, this will links
between all the standards of quality assurance over all the HE institutions around the
world and that will support our country to share the experiences and the improvement
in case of education.