Roll No- 59(12EJCEE060)
7Th Semester Electrical
132 KV G.S.S.
Chambal Power House, Jaipur
Presentation on summer training at:-
Introduction About R.R.V.P.N.L
• It was established on 19 July, 2000 by Govt. of
Rajasthan under the provisions of the Rajasthan Power Sector
Reforms Act, 1999 as the successor company of RSEB.
• Its aim is to provide reliable electric transmission service to
• It is responsible for installing of EHV Lines and GSS of 765 KV,
400 KV, 220 KV, 132 KV rating including their maintenance.
• Introduction about GSS Chambal
• Site Selection Criteria
• Equipments Used in Yard
• Single Line Diagram
• Control Room
• Lightning Arrester(LA)
• Capacitive Voltage Transformer(CVT)
• Circuit Breaker(CB)
• Current Transformer(CT)
• Battery Room
• Power Line Carrier Communication(PLCC)
Introduction About 132KV GSS Chambal
• It is located at Hawa Sadak, Jaipur Rajasthan
• It was commissioned in the year 1962 as a part of Chambal
• In this hydro generation was proposed by RPS,JS,KB.
• Initial capacity was 50 MVA.
Incoming Feeders of 132 KV
•Nallah Power House
There are 11 33 KV and 18 11 KV outgoing feeders . Some of them
Site Selection Criteria for GSS
• Land: choose areas that minimize the need for earth
movement and soil disposal.
• Water: avoid interference with the natural drainage network.
• Vegetation: choose low productivity farming areas or
• Topography: flat but not prone to flood or water stagnation.
• Soil: suitable for construction of roads and foundations; low
soil resistivity is desirable.
Equipments in the Yard
• CAPACITIVE VOLTAGE TRANSFORMER
• WAVE TRAP
• COUPLING CAPACITOR
• CAPACITOR BANK
• BUS BAR
• LIGHTNING ARRESTER
• CIRCUIT BREAKER
• CURRENT TRANSFORMER
• BUS COUPLER
Single Line Diagram
• A Single Line Diagram (SLD) of an Electrical System is the
Line Diagram of the concerned Electrical System which
includes all the required Electrical Equipment connection
sequence wise from the point of entrance of Power up to the
end of the scope of the mentioned Work.
Noticeable aspects of S.L.D.
• Naming of components
• Sequence of equipments for an incoming or an outgoing feeder
• 11KV & 33KV Feeders
• Symbol Chart
Sequence Of Equipments for an
incoming or an outgoing feeder
P.T. / C.V.T
The diagram made on the control panel is known as mimic diagram.
Colors of signals are synchronized as follows:
Red – For circuit breaker or isolator switch is in closed position.
Green - For circuit breaker is in open condition.
Amber – Indicates spring is charged.
S. No. Voltage(KV) Name of Conductor
1 400v ACSR Weasel
2 11 KV Weasel
3 33 KV Dog
4 132 KV Panther
5 220 KV Zebra
6 400 KV Moose
7 765 KV Tarantula
Types of Conductor
•The size and coupling type of conductor is decided by its
•It is a protective device that
reduces excessive voltage
resulting from lightning to a
safe level by grounding the
•It shows dual characteristics.
•During Lightning it works
as super conductor whereas
normally it works as
•CVT in a substation is used for
measurement, protection and as
coupling device in PLCC.
•In its basic form the device
consists of three parts: two
capacitors across which the
transmission line signal is
split, an inductive element to
tune the device to line
frequency, and a transformer
to isolate and further step
down the voltage for
instrumentation or protective
• An Isolator is a manually operated mechanical switch which
separates a part of the electrical power system normally at off
• While opening the circuit, circuit breaker opens first and then
isolator & while closing the circuit the isolator closed first
and then circuit Breaker.
Circuit Breaker Comparison
SF6 CIRCUIT BREAKER
• Gas is used as an arc
• It is an electronegative gas.
• It has a tendency to absorb
VACUUM CIRCUIT BREAKER
• Vacuum is used as an arc
• It has very fast rate of
recovery of dielectric
• The arc is extinguished
•Current transformer are
commonly used for protection
and measuring of high values of
• C.T. is used for reducing A.C.
from higher to low value for
•The primary winding of a
current transformer is connected
in series with the circuit whose
current to be sensed and across
the secondary of current
transformer, the operating coil
of the relay is connected.
• It is an electrically operated switch.
• Major types of Relay are Electromagnetic & Static type.
• It controls High Voltage Electrical Circuits with low voltage
• In GSS control panels consisting of Relay operates at 110 V
Important Relays Used at GSS
• Over current Relay
• Earth Fault Relay
• Differential Protection
• Distance Protection
•It provides a surface under
the substation which has
uniform potential nearly equal
to zero or Absolute Earth
• It is of two types
oEquipment Body Earthing
Battery Room &
•Battery Bank forms the
heart of GSS
•It is responsible of
supplying all the relay
panels which are situated in
•Typically room containing
the battery bank is dark in
color to avoid the
evaporation of solution
inside the battery
•Wave trap is used for
power line carrier
as a Low pass filter
which allow power
frequency signal to pass
and high frequency
signals are blocked.
• It is connected to the
main incoming feeder so
that it can trap the waves
which may be dangerous
to the instruments present
in the substation.
• Protection signaling, speech and data transmission for system
operation and control, management information systems etc.
are the main needs which are met by PLCC.
• High frequency signals in the range of 50 KHZ to 400 KHZ
commonly known as the carrier signal and to result it with the
protected section of line suitable coupling apparatus and line
traps are employed at both ends of the protected section
• The main application of power line carrier has been from the
purpose of supervisory control telephone communication, tele-
metering and relaying.
• The training at grid substation has improved my understanding
of the subject electrical power transmission and distribution.
During the training period, I came to know that, there is a
much difference between theoretical understanding and
practical approach to the subject.
• If we see the transformer it is shown in textbooks two
windings changing the voltage level which seems very easy
• But practically it is a huge machine with a no. of parts and
fittings, protection devices each of which is designed with a
very specific purpose.
• But of course to design new technology, theoretical knowledge
has its own importance but without practical touch, it is of no
Parece que tiene un bloqueador de anuncios ejecutándose. Poniendo SlideShare en la lista blanca de su bloqueador de anuncios, está apoyando a nuestra comunidad de creadores de contenidos.
¿Odia los anuncios?
Hemos actualizado nuestra política de privacidad.
Hemos actualizado su política de privacidad para cumplir con las cambiantes normativas de privacidad internacionales y para ofrecerle información sobre las limitadas formas en las que utilizamos sus datos.
Puede leer los detalles a continuación. Al aceptar, usted acepta la política de privacidad actualizada.