3. Disclaimer: This presentation is prepared by trainees of
baabtra as a part of mentoring program. This is not official
document of baabtra –Mentoring Partner
Baabtra-Mentoring Partner is the mentoring division of baabte System Technologies Pvt . Ltd
6. State Management
• It is the process by which you maintain state and page
information over multiple requests for the same or
• Two type State Management
1. Client side State Management
Data can be stored at client side.
Ex: View state, Cookies , Query strings.
2. Server side State Management
Data can be stored at Server side.
Ex: Session state.
• Cookies are the small text files that are stored on
• It is used for state management.
• Used to send data from one webform to another.
9. How to create Cookies
Step 1: Create the cookie object
HttpCookie cookie = new HttpCookie("UserDetails");
Step 2: store value into cookie
cookie["Name"] = txtName.Text;
cookie["Email"] = txtEmail.Text;
Step 3: Add the cookie to the client machine
10. How to read data from Cookies
Step 1: Retrieve Cookie
HttpCookie cookie = Request.Cookies["UserDetails"];
Step 2: check whether a cookie was found or not.
if (cookie != null)
lblName.Text = cookie["Name"];
lblEmail.Text = cookie["Email"];
11. Types Of Cookie
• Cookies can be broadly classified into 2 types
1. Non-Persistent cookies
• Temporary Cookies.
• Remain in memory until the browser is closed.
2. Persistent cookies
• permanent cookies
• Remain on the client computer, even after the browser
12. How to make persistent Cookies?
• persistent cookies should have an expatriation time
– cookie.Expires = DateTime.Now.AddDays(30);
13. Advantages and Disadvantages
– It's very simple to use and implement.
– Browser takes care of sending the data.
– It stores data in simple text format, so it's not
secure at all.
– There is a size limit for cookies data (4KB).
• Session state variables are stored on the web server
• Session state is maintained per user basis in ASP .Net
• Default life time is 20 minute.
27. Want to learn more about programming or Looking to become a good programmer?
Are you wasting time on searching so many contents online?
Do you want to learn things quickly?
Tired of spending huge amount of money to become a Software professional?
Do an online course
We put industry standards to practice. Our structured, activity based courses are so designed
to make a quick, good software professional out of anybody who holds a passion for coding.
28. Follow us @ twitter.com/baabtra
Like us @ facebook.com/baabtra
Subscribe to us @ youtube.com/baabtra
Become a follower @ slideshare.net/BaabtraMentoringPartner
Connect to us @ in.linkedin.com/in/baabtra
Thanks in advance.
www.baabtra.com | www.massbaab.com |www.baabte.com
29. Contact Us
Emarald Mall (Big Bazar Building)
Mavoor Road, Kozhikode,
Ph: + 91 – 495 40 25 550
NC Complex, Near Bus Stand
Ph: + 91 – 495 40 25 550
Hilite Business Park,
Start up Village