LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
Looking back at your
preliminary task, what do
you feel you have learnt in
the progression from it to
the full product?
Within the process of his task I have learned many things,
compared to my preliminary task. In the preliminary I have
made a front cover and a mock up of a contents page
which I used with the skills I started with. However as I
created my final products I developed new skills in different
programs and also with how I perceive things creatively. I
have learnt that things can be made to look professional
and yet that I have done them myself. Throughout the
development of the final products I have learnt about how
the smaller things like how the colour can represent
different musical styles. Another thing I have learnt Is how
to develop my products so that they can meet the
audience's interests and how I can see how I can get my
magazine to appeal to them
Front Cover development
When I was planning to make my final front cover I realised that my skills were too limited to
be able to do what I have envisioned. Because of this I had to learn how to use different
software, for example; Adobe Photoshop and Indesign. In this process I learned how to edit
my photos to make them look more professional and so that I can get them to be how I have
wanted. In photoshop I have also learned what the different tools do.
With the preliminary task I didn’t follow the same process as I did for my final product. I didn’t
do any of the research before hand so I didn’t know what the magazine had to have included.
This affected what I had my design including as I had no target audience or any idea what I
was doing really. Because of this my product wasn’t of very good quality and it didn’t fit the
purpose it was trying to do.
The difference between my first and second attempt at a front cover are very different as the
new skills I have learnt have allowed me to make my magazine how I have invisioned in my
Final front Cover
Contents Page development
I have been able to develop my skills for my contents page by making myself
more open to idea. As you can see by the preliminary mock up I did, I though that
everything had to be inline and ‘normal’. However when I did my research into
what real magazines’ contents pages looked like I realised that I needed to be
much more creative in the way I was going about thinking process.
I have learnt that things do not need to conform to the norm, as seen in the
featured image if the final product. I have also leant that I don’t have the space to
be writing all of the writing I thought I was going to on the preliminary task. I have
also included many more images that I was intending to which gives links to the
rest of my magazine.